Explosion in Paris

G-MAN

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A girl on Facebook just said that the Paris incident has made her feel too scared to leave her house. She lives in Nairn. I reckon she'll be alright for now.

Lazy cow. That's her excuse for missing work on Monday sorted.

france should just invoke Articule 5 of the NATO treaty and we can all get on with pounding the crap out of the breeding grounds of isis

This will happen but with a ground force of around 15000 supplying intelligence to mainly Kurdish front line fighters

They announced their caliphate in June I believe.

Yup. But most people's interpretation of that was the there was a divide in the military leadership. It was a ludicrously premature announcement, and suggested the military intelligence had lost its way. As has been stated, a Caliphate 2 is never going to happen.

Incidentally, those calling - understandably, I think - for heavy bombing and ground troops in retribution for Paris are missing the point. IS as an army is getting smashed. More troops aren't really going to speed up that particular process and in fact may hinder it.

That said, Erbil airport was particularly busy last night - for the first time in quite a while.

The responses to Mr Bairns posts a few pages back.... Absolutely brilliant, the 'RedRob has a caravan there' one in particular had me howling. :lol:

Was listening to the debate show on BBC radio driving in this morning, absolutely seething, Tam fae Glesga arguing with a practicing Muslim over what the Quran is about.... Everybody is an expert eh. :rolleyes:

Maybe we could take a leaf from one of the Europe and the World's most peaceful countries? I have severe doubts that Switzerland would ever face a terror attack similar to Paris.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21379912

"Terror funding to be cut off" - Cameron.

Can anyone explain to me exactly what this means? What exactly have we been funding?

If it means anything it will be that anti-money laundering measures will be stepped up.

Easy to deliver as a soundbite but harder to do in practice

Archived