Stranraer v Forfar

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We play far better yesterday then the previous months. Maybe had something to do with stewart petrie in the dugout rather than pink. He was on the touchline from start to finish. 9 games 27 points up for grabs and we have picked up 4 points not good enough is a understatement

We play far better yesterday then the previous months. Maybe had something to do with stewart petrie in the dugout rather than pink. He was on the touchline from start to finish. 9 games 27 points up for grabs and we have picked up 4 points not good enough is a understatement

I agree with the comments about pink. Whenever he isn't involved we seem to play much nicer football .

PINK OUT

Overall still disappointing from Stranraer today. We had the players available to win that match against a Forfar side that were pale shadow of last years team. BUT once again we failed to create enough clear cut chances.I thought Nequecaur played well winning a lot of good flicks and the defence was more solid. Goalkeeper had another safe game as well! So it wasn't all bad.

I will continue to back the players (apart from Paul Cairney who IMO ain't worthy of support due to him being unable to keep himself in the condition I would expect of a professional sportsman) but I still reckon the sooner Brian Reid leaves the better. Am surprised there still seems to be a small pocket of fans who think that you need to back Reid in order to be a 'proper' fan but how many times should this man be allowed to make the same mistakes without his position being questioned for the greater good of our club? Take a look at the big calls he made today and ask yourself if you agree:

• He starts the match with Paul Cairney whilst the likes of McGuigan and Longworth sit on the bench.
  • For most of the match we have Bell in centre defence (one of the best midfielders in the league who yes could play in defence in emergency situations) and Robertson in midfield (a solid defender who could step into midfield if short of options in that area) - why not the other way around?
  • He makes his first tactical substitution putting McGuigan on - Cairney is having another stinker whilst McCluskey looks more threatening BUT he takes McCluskey off.
Its all very well talking about negativity at the homes games but that's a result of the performances and results and there is no point kidding ourselves on here. Its bad management thats causing the bad results - not bad luck. You don't sit where we are in the league scoring so few goals at this point in the season because of bad luck. There is a difference between criticizing the team and criticizing the manager - I bet a good few of the players feel exactly the same about the calls he is making and would also prefer him to be replaced. I don't expect miracles or a team challenging at the top of the league but something just hasn't been right from the minute Reid took over. Never mind AS I SAY am sure he will be the first to recognize the part he is playing in the poor form when the post match interviews appear online later. :huh:

Only one thing I see wrong with your post Robertson a nightmare in the air. Can step in at full back comfortably .but not at CH. Can't dominate in that position.

Only one thing I see wrong with your post Robertson a nightmare in the air. Can step in at full back comfortably .but not at CH. Can't dominate in that position.

That might be true! Pettigrew in centre and Robertson at RB then? Although reckon Robertson be better in the air than the left back Reid played at centre back v Stenny. Dick should do okay so long as we keep him in his natural position now.

Overall still disappointing from Stranraer today. We had the players available to win that match against a Forfar side that were pale shadow of last years team. BUT once again we failed to create enough clear cut chances.I thought Nequecaur played well winning a lot of good flicks and the defence was more solid. Goalkeeper had another safe game as well! So it wasn't all bad.

I will continue to back the players (apart from Paul Cairney who IMO ain't worthy of support due to him being unable to keep himself in the condition I would expect of a professional sportsman) but I still reckon the sooner Brian Reid leaves the better. Am surprised there still seems to be a small pocket of fans who think that you need to back Reid in order to be a 'proper' fan but how many times should this man be allowed to make the same mistakes without his position being questioned for the greater good of our club? Take a look at the big calls he made today and ask yourself if you agree:

• He starts the match with Paul Cairney whilst the likes of McGuigan and Longworth sit on the bench.
  • For most of the match we have Bell in centre defence (one of the best midfielders in the league who yes could play in defence in emergency situations) and Robertson in midfield (a solid defender who could step into midfield if short of options in that area) - why not the other way around?
  • He makes his first tactical substitution putting McGuigan on - Cairney is having another stinker whilst McCluskey looks more threatening BUT he takes McCluskey off.
Its all very well talking about negativity at the homes games but that's a result of the performances and results and there is no point kidding ourselves on here. Its bad management thats causing the bad results - not bad luck. You don't sit where we are in the league scoring so few goals at this point in the season because of bad luck. There is a difference between criticizing the team and criticizing the manager - I bet a good few of the players feel exactly the same about the calls he is making and would also prefer him to be replaced. I don't expect miracles or a team challenging at the top of the league but something just hasn't been right from the minute Reid took over. Never mind AS I SAY am sure he will be the first to recognize the part he is playing in the poor form when the post match interviews appear online later. :huh:

Agree with all of the above , I'm sure we are in a position where the club know what a mistake it was to appoint a manager in such an amatuerish way and rather than have the balls to admit this mistake they are trying to improve things by giving him more money to sign more average players , the manager is doing the same by trying to justify his poor signings by continually playing them before fitter/better players .

Meanwhile the club/chairman are trying to ride out the storm and offer no comment or info to the fans in the hope that it will all be better soon, huge gamble I feel the club have taken in backing the manager financially when we are told money is scarce , well we could end up in the dark old days if something doesn't change, already this season it's obvious that our turnover will be down on last season , lower crowds , short cup runs, lower league position and possibly looking at dropping down a league , all the hard work of previous chairman and committee on the verge of being flushed down the drain , someone connected to the club must see this surely .....

While you're on the thread, how's Davie Anderson getting on since he returned to Kilbirnie? He was one of my favourite players in the lower leagues, could definitely have played in the third tier had been so inclined.

he is strolling it mate,never loses the ball and is such a team player.davod could have easily made the step to spl .

Longworth was injured on Saturday. Played most of the matches early on in the season didn't do that much. Manager decided to give others a chance. They haven't done much either. Just been a used sub since. Needs a run of games. He'll be back soon I think.

Archived