Stirling Albion vs Cumbernuald Colts SC3

BinosCammy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy and comfortable win for the Albion tonight bit disappointed in the Colts were okay in spells but did not really trouble us. Well next up its ICT in the 4th round which will be a totally different game.

They are absolute horse shit. One of the worst teams I've ever seen. Takes quite something to make Steven Doris look like Ronaldo.

Don't know about the Steven Doris & Ronaldo comparison but agree that they are one of the worst teams I've seen. Although having only watched one of their Lowland League matches this season I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that it may have been an off day for the 2 sides involved. Clearly not and they are just shit. Shit teams in a shit league.

Only the best striker in the league has made most defences look like horse shite this season. Let's just hope we hold on to him come the transfer window.lots of other teams seemingly very interested.

Just grab one of his love handles and you should be able to keep a hold of him.

Clearly not and they are just shit. Shit teams in a shit league.

Cumbernauld are not my team so I'm not going to make excuses for them but it sounds like you don't know much about the LL.

Can you tell me one other game where a team from this shit league has got a hiding from somebody in a non-shit league?

The Colts sit one point behind East Kilbride in the Lowland League. They would have gone into the game with some confidence given the EK result against Stennie on Saturday. For whatever reason, this confidence did not translate into a competetive performance and they will be dissapointed that they have not done themselves justice. I am sure they are a better team than they showed last night.

It shows the wonders of cup football I suppose.

EK went away to Stenhousemuir - 4th in SPFL1 - and by most accounts should have won.

Cumbernauld went away to Stirling - 6th in SPFL2 - and got skelped 6-0.

Yet in LL they're 1pt apart and EK only beat Cumbernauld 1-0 last month.

In a similar vein you've got LTHV, of the tier below LL, who spanked out the East Junior champions Kelty (3-0) then Montrose, but drew with Huntly.

Yet in LL they're 1pt apart and EK only beat Cumbernauld 1-0 last month.

It was actually 1-1 and EK stole a point with an injury time penalty. Colts should have won by a couple on the day, but realistically theres not much between two decent fledgling sides with big ambitions.

The difference in the Scottish ties: EK played well at Stenny, giving a good account of themselves and deservedly getting the plaudits, Colts played their worst game of the season, not giving a good account of themselves. It happens and for a team only five months old with what they have achieved so far not a disaster by any means.

As it happens I think there's got to be a bit of acknowledgment that also, on the night, the Albion were very good. I suspect that with a performance like that they would have given most teams in their own league a hard time, never mind the league below. It's the best I've seen Albion (third time this season) by a distance and they should get that credit.

Nope don't know him personally just stating the opinion of most bino fans that he is a very important player for us .

I reckon he's probably our most important player aswell, i just thought you knew him because you seem to know more about him before the majority of fans.

I don't think the postponement on Saturday would've helped the minds of the Colts players. Must be a bit shit gearing yourself up for (probably) your biggest game of the season only for it to be called off then having to negotiate another few days at work before finally getting to play.

Cumbernauld are not my team so I'm not going to make excuses for them but it sounds like you don't know much about the LL.

Can you tell me one other game where a team from this shit league has got a hiding from somebody in a non-shit league?

Spot on, I know nothing about the Lowland League having only witnessed one game, being the Colts game I referred to. My opinion wasn't based on the quality of the particular match but the overall standard of the players involved that day. As I also said maybe it was an off day for all of them and I fully intended going to see another one but haven't yet found myself in the situation where that is my only option on a Saturday. You do know that people can have opinions on things though don't you?

Archived