Bombing Syria

ICTJohnboy

You are the only person trying to turn this into a race debate. If anything religion is more important.

Although we had boots on the ground in Ireland so your point, not that you ever had one, is rendered invalid

No its not. Our government would never risk innocent whites appearing on the tele with their body parts all over the street.

It seems to be only when the military's involved where we have to do 'something' regardless of the potential outcome and facts.

Bombing a few hillsides isn't going to make us safer. Actually trying to prevent social discontent and including young Muslim men in society might make a difference but that flies in the face of the Conservatives programme of being arseholes to just about everyone.

Social discontent! So that's the reason eh!? You think these nutters crave social harmony?

Couple of interesting bits of bad news being sneaked out today (coincidence of course). There's Gove scrapping Graylings court charges shambles and interestingly the National Audit office's report on the utter disgrace that is the e-borders integrated "are you a terrorist" IT system for the UK Border force.

Call me mad, but since we have a very large and very cold moat surrounding our country would it not be easier to protect against terror using an effective border control force rather than bombing an oil field?

UK spending watchdog criticises failure over e-borders programme

Who does the other girl support Fidey and is she a Yes or No voter? Jeezo

Not sure, Bobby. The other girl isn't as gobby as the other two so hard to tell where her feelings are on the matter.

The two Rangers supporting girls are pies of the highest order though.

It seems to be only when the military's involved where we have to do 'something' regardless of the potential outcome and facts.

Bombing a few hillsides isn't going to make us safer. Actually trying to prevent social discontent and including young Muslim men in society might make a difference but that flies in the face of the Conservatives programme of being arseholes to just about everyone.

the government are not going out their way to exclude young Muslim men from anything

I was afraid I'd crawl out of bed hearing of air strikes. Okay. So, those of you who support it, do you actually think this will end anything? Are you so fucking thick that you can't see this would at best be a band aid, and at worst multiply things?

Why didn't we carpet bomb Belfast when the IRA were actually SUCCEEDING in attacking brits on British soil ?

Oh that's right, the citizens of Belfast are the correct colour.

Had there been a YES victory at the referendum who knows how the No camp would have reacted.

Doubt they would have rolled over.

Maybe a few Uber Unionists on here might have turned to terrorism.

Would the British Establishment have supported them?

Would most us being white mattered?

I was afraid I'd crawl out of bed hearing of air strikes. Okay. So, those of you who support it, do you actually think this will end anything? Are you so fucking thick that you can't see this would at best be a band aid, and at worst multiply things?

Sadly, those who support it ARE that thick.

On the airstrikes.. It's a lot more complicated than being for or against them in total.

I have no problem with this oil field being bombed. I'd have voted for that. Its a wider campaign that risks civilian lives too much I don't like.

For those vehemently against the decision, is that also true for attacks against for example the oil field? I don't see a downside to that.

On the airstrikes.. It's a lot more complicated than being for or against them in total.

I have no problem with this oil field being bombed. I'd have voted for that. Its a wider campaign that risks civilian lives too much I don't like.

For those vehemently against the decision, is that also true for attacks against for example the oil field? I don't see a downside to that.

Not too sure there is a downside. Just a little bit surprising that the combined might and intelligence of the US, France and the others managed to have missed it. Doubt it's been hiding in a cave up until now.