Bombing Syria

ICTJohnboy

No it wont end anything,what it will do however is to kill as many isis scumbags as possible who would happily come to europe to kill us and our families.

Scary thing is, you believe this, and many others do. No one in the UK has to worry about anyone from ISIS in Syria. They are of no importance. It's their ideology and grievances message you have to worry about getting out to people already living in UK.

Ahh. Just making sure the rubble has some rubble on it. Or are we to believe that ISIS is chock full of Civil, Mechanical and Petroleum Refining Engineers?

I was thinking the same when I read some articles about the repeated targeting of the same refineries. Perhaps we should be offering them jobs in the west if they can get the things back up and running as quickly as has been suggested.

I was thinking the same when I read some articles about the repeated targeting of the same refineries. Perhaps we should be offering them jobs in the west if they can get the things back up and running as quickly as has been suggested.

There have been 2,800 air sorties by 10 different countries in Syria before last night.

Are we really supposed to believe that refineries were missed up until now?

There have been 2,800 air sorties by 10 different countries in Syria before last night.

Are we really supposed to believe that refineries were missed up until now?

I think they have Syria mapped out into squares. They are playing connect 4 and the UK has just put the pointless counter into the last hole in a row.

3193157_f520.jpg

No it wont end anything,what it will do however is to kill as many isis scumbags as possible who would happily come to europe to kill us and our families.

So you will be advocating bombing paris,brussels and south london??

Was that his soon giving it large about bombing yesterday? Mental.

Pity the government don't support them when they leave the armed forces.

More soldiers commit suicide than die putting their life on the line for their country.

More soldiers have died from road accidents since the start of the Iraq conflict than who have died during Iraq and Afghanistan.

Pointless stat but there we are.

I can't support any army that knowingly kills innocent civilians, sorry.

Eh?

Why didn't we carpet bomb Belfast when the IRA were actually SUCCEEDING in attacking brits on British soil ?

Oh that's right, the citizens of Belfast are the correct colour.

Quite, we should've carpet bombed the Falls.

Ahh. Just making sure the rubble has some rubble on it. Or are we to believe that ISIS is chock full of Civil, Mechanical and Petroleum Refining Engineers?

Bombing something once doesn't mean it is completely unusable for a generation.

It wasn't nuclear bombs they dropped on it previously!

More soldiers have died from road accidents since the start of the Iraq conflict than who have died during Iraq and Afghanistan.

Define road accidents. Does this include driving along the road in an armoured vehicle when an American missle hits the vehicle and kills you. Those kinds of road accidents?

Social discontent! So that's the reason eh!? You think these nutters crave social harmony?

Solving any geopolitical crisis shouldn't be one thing or nothing. Most of the 7/7 and paris attacks were by EU citizens under 30. They've been turned to extremism by radical clerics whose message sounds a lot more convincing when you live in a shithole or don't work. If we marginalise people we are only going to lead to further division in society. The fight against extremism is as relevant in towns and cities across Europe as it is in Raqqa. Bombing ISIS isn't mission accomplished and we need to realise that just bombing things because it's the easy option isn't the only thing we can do.

The concern in Syria for me is that who is going to be there to clean up the mess, we seem to be there just to keep up appearances rather than do anything meaningful. Us parading about like John Terry after the 2012 champions league final as if we've actually made a proper contribution is a minter for everyone involved.

Edited by Sloop John B

To be honest, I quoted the wrong person. I should have been quoting Randy Giles stating that nobody should hark back to the Referendum on anything.

It is a stupid point though. I'm very much for Yes but that doesn't mean if we'd won I'd have been taking any blame for the actions or an SNP government I do nt want, won't ever vote for and do not agree with.

Fair enough to blame Tory voters for the current government but can't blame anyone else.

Had there been a YES victory at the referendum who knows how the No camp would have reacted.

Doubt they would have rolled over.

Maybe a few Uber Unionists on here might have turned to terrorism.

Would the British Establishment have supported them?

Would most us being white mattered?

What a load of delusional pish

In fact, its bollocks anyway. It was nt previously attacked.

Fallon-"It's a very good example of a target that is literally one side of the border and couldn't previously be attacked "

It was said before that the routes to the oilfield were destroyed in earlier airstrikes not the field itself.

Who reported it as destroyed ?

FFS, can you not find things out for yourself.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/614107/Airstrike-BLITZ-deals-huge-blow-to-ISIS-as-oil-field-and-supply-routes-are-OBLITERATED

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/13/us/politics/us-steps-up-its-attacks-on-isis-controlled-oil-fields-in-syria.html

On the Oct. 21 mission, American aircraft struck Islamic State-controlled oil refineries, command and control centers, and transportation infrastructure in the Omar oil field, which produced about 30,000 barrels a day when it was fully functioning. More recently, the field produced about a third of that or less, analysts said.

“It was very specific targets that would result in long-term incapacitation of their ability to sell oil, to get it out of the ground and transport it,” Maj. Michael Filanowski, a military operations officer, told reporters in Baghdad after the strike.