Bombing Syria

ICTJohnboy

In fact, its bollocks anyway. It was nt previously attacked.

Fallon-"It's a very good example of a target that is literally one side of the border and couldn't previously be attacked "

It was said before that the routes to the oilfield were destroyed in earlier airstrikes not the field itself.

See above.

BTW: Fallon is quite correct that the UK couldn't attack it. However, he is relying on fools like you to take him at his word without looking beyond what he is saying.

Edited by strichener

Solving any geopolitical crisis shouldn't be one thing or nothing. Most of the 7/7 and paris attacks were by EU citizens under 30. They've been turned to extremism by radical clerics whose message sounds a lot more convincing when you live in a shithole or don't work. If we marginalise people we are only going to lead to further division in society. The fight against extremism is as relevant in towns and cities across Europe as it is in Raqqa. Bombing ISIS isn't mission accomplished and we need to realise that just bombing things because it's the easy option isn't the only thing we can do.

The concern in Syria for me is that who is going to be there to clean up the mess, we seem to be there just to keep up appearances rather than do anything meaningful. Us parading about like John Terry after the 2012 champions league final as if we've actually made a proper contribution is a minter for everyone involved.

Agreed, but how often are we told that they were from a stable family background with a University education and promising prospects or mothers who have upped sticks from their semi detached in Bradford to travel to Syria with their KIDS!! Is our society so unfair and desperate that you would be driven to that!? Is the message SO powerful, I guess it must be.

We aren't carpet bombing Syria either ffs!

Have you seen the state of Raqqa ? And it wasn't Syrian government planes or Russian planes that caused the damage because Assad couldn't give a shite about Raqqa. A city with no infrastructure left at all but that's democracy for you.

So when you claimed it was 'destroyed' you were talking absolute nonsense.

Thanks for providing your own idiocy. Useful contribution.

What a clown

Agreed, but how often are we told that they were from a stable family background with a University education and promising prospects or mothers who have upped sticks from their semi detached in Bradford to travel to Syria with their KIDS!! Is our society so unfair and desperate that you would be driven to that!? Is the message SO powerful, I guess it must be.

Long Kesh was full of people from similar backgrounds .

How many were reacting to a message over there?

Tiocfaidh at la v God and Ulster must have been a powerful message to create a 30 year sectarian bloodbath.

f**k sake we are no sending geldoff and Bono over are we ? Last thing the poor Syrians need

Could we not send the Friday night brigade from George Square.

I'd happily supply the flutes and drums.

Edited by Glenconner

Long Kesh was full of people from similar backgrounds .

How many were reacting to a message over there?

Tiocfaidh at la v God and Ulster must have been a powerful message to create a 30 year sectarian bloodbath.

Shows you the hate that lies in people's hearts.

Then again our referendum.....

Absolutely. That's the problem with these air strikes. They do nothing at all to address the radicalism that has spread into middle class Europe. That's what threatens "our" security. The bombing of IS should have been presented as helping the hundreds of thousands of IDP in the way that the Kurdish Safe Haven did.

Like the independence vote, the quality of debate was disgustingly low. Too often it boils down to "sheeple and oil" versus "impending doom".

So when you claimed it was 'destroyed' you were talking absolute nonsense.

Thanks for providing your own idiocy. Useful contribution.

What a clown

I am not the one that stated a few posts ago that they hadn't been bombed. :1eye

I would also take a guess that you don't equate obliterated with destroyed. :rolleyes:

But carry on...