Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

I was pretty dismissive of the conspiracy angle of this in the past, and I maintain it would be absolutely nuts for the Sturgeon wing of the party to consider Salmond such a threat that he had to be hobbled in such spectacularly public fashion.

But it's starting to look like you really have to go out your way to not see something pretty grimey has gone on. Whether we can ever say for certain what that was, or get a definitive answer either way, is looking unlikely and that shouldn't be something anyone is happy about. 

And, to add, (maybe no surprise to the fan boys on here) the opposition are so inept that they’ve sleepwalked (sleptwalked?) into allowing the narrative to the the whole sorry mess descend into the fudge that it is. 

Edited by alta-pete

3 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

This is the entirely correct opinion (IMO). A wholly unsatisfactory outcome. 

AS is a sleazy fucker, but not criminally so.

Murrell  isn’t to be trusted with the tuck shop money but, as unelected, nothing can be done. 

NS says a big boy did it and ran away, looks at the floor and waits for it to blow over.  

Leslie Evans mutters something that she couldn’t remember yesterday and departs with her full pension intact.

Public purse, including this escapade, is down north of £1M. And no one is left writing the cheque  except us. 

But hey, they’ll deliver Salvation to the Scots so it’s all worth it! 

I agree there's no satisfactory outcome... huge damage has already been done, however it finishes.

It could, though, get much, much worse.

For what it's worth, I agree that Evans will probably slink off with pension intact... but I don't think Murrell or Sturgeon (or Wolffe or Swinney or Robertson) can possibly survive.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

EuSD-voWYAQv5pQ?format=jpg&name=medium

And? Nixon polled a historic 61% of the popular vote in an _actual election_ in late ‘72... by late ‘74 he was a pariah, with 80% of the public saying it was right for him to have resigned.

Not saying that will happen to Sturgeon, only that (as I said right from the start) politicians’ popularity at any given moment isn’t any kind of insulation against scandal or the media turning on you.

12 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

And? Nixon polled a historic 61% of the popular vote in an _actual election_ in late ‘72... by late ‘74 he was a pariah, with 80% of the public saying it was right for him to have resigned.

Not saying that will happen to Sturgeon, only that (as I said right from the start) politicians’ popularity at any given moment isn’t any kind of insulation against scandal or the media turning on you.

It's a bit of a stretch comparing US politics in the early 70s to present day Scotland.

4 hours ago, Anonapersona said:

It's a bit of a stretch comparing US politics in the early 70s to present day Scotland.

Why?

4 hours ago, HTG said:

He thinks Campbell is a decent lad - no stretch is too far. 

Another one who thinks just making stuff up will do instead of, you know, an argument...

For the record, I think Glenn Campbell is a yoon operative. You?

2 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Why?

Another one who thinks just making stuff up will do instead of, you know, an argument...

For the record, I think Glenn Campbell is a yoon operative. You?

If it's an argument you're after Campbell will start one in an empty house.  Grade 1 arsehole.