Dunfermline vs Ross County/Ross County vs Dunfermline (replay)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm agreeing with you, we've had four league title winning managers(I think), for some(not you) to not appreciate one because of the Kenny era stuff is baffling.

I had no idea people didn't like McIntyre tbh. He had three years of slow but steady progression and then won the title. His side provided one of my favourite days supporting Dunfermline when we beat the wee team at a sold out EEP. Then, after failing in the SPL, he's held his hands up and admitted he made mistakes but still talks about the club in glowing terms.

Anyone who doesn't respect his achievements with us is a fool.

I don't dislike McIntyre at all, he did a good job for us. Nothing more though. That was a league any remotely competent manager would've won with our budget and squad.

The fact we overcame Rovers and Falkirk to win the league doesn't make it a greater achievement. Ok it was a lot more fun to do it that way but it that was a pretty terrible Falkirk side and a Rovers side who were punching well above their weight.

He did provide us with some great days though. The sell out at EEP against Raith and toying with Falkirk after the title had already been wrapped up will rank among some of the best moments in my time following The Pars.

To sum up, I'll applaud the c**t on Saturday.

My first ever top flight game in Scotland was a game at East End Park. It was a dreary 0-0 draw in August 1991.

I would happily take that right now. I seem to recall Istvan Kozma played that day.

In the past County put many higher league sides to the sword, a similar result is a possibility on Saturday with the Pars humbling us.

Concerned.

Craig Curran ruled out joining Liam Boyce so looks like Brian Graham and Alex Schalk will play up front for Ross County

Brad McKay is guff. Brian Graham is less guff. I can only see one winner.

In all seriousness, if Dunfermline go with their usual line-up then I have more confidence of their prolific strike partnership outscoring County's brand new one than the other way around. County ought to be much better across the middle than the Pars, but they don't get a lot of goals from there.

Sean Murdoch (whoever he is) is on the STV website pointing out that Dunfermline are a "massive club".

Gutted I'm not going to this one now. It's not every weekend you get to see Ross County lining up against a "massive club".

Sean Murdoch (whoever he is) is on the STV website pointing out that Dunfermline are a "massive club".

Gutted I'm not going to this one now. It's not every weekend you get to see Ross County lining up against a "massive club".

Think it was for our fans benefit so I wouldn't worry your delicate little socks over it. You have the better squad of players, don't panic.

Scott Boyd called Dunfermline a massive club in the local press, so there.

Boydy will have said it out of politeness. Coming from an actual Dunfermline player it looks more like delusions of grandeur.

Boydy will have said it out of politeness. Coming from an actual Dunfermline player it looks more like delusions of grandeur.

We are a big team, especially for the league we're in just now. I'd always thought the whole "big team" debate was daft and meaningless though? Seems to have very much annoyed the usually placid County followers for some reason.

Archived