Dunfermline vs Ross County/Ross County vs Dunfermline (replay)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest it's a win win for RC as the biggest gate lower league club they could get.Also one they'll probably win so on top of half the gate they go through to the next round.

It could be an upset but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Not sure if the supporters buses will arrive in time for a pint, but if so is there a nearby pub or social club at EEP we could use?

From memory there's not, usually ended up in centre then a 20min? walk.

Imagine the bars at the ground will allow away fans, and if it takes you 20 mins to walk to the centre your you must be slow as f**k.

Yeah, there shouldn't be an issue getting into Legends or Charlie D's provided you get there early enough.

Looking forward to this, even with three of our best options up front missing, and our defence in shakey form.

Re - the Jim love-in, i really enjoyed his Dunfermline team that went up. The 3-3 game at east end park in 2009 (please be right...) was tremendous! 5 goals by h-t, mostly tremendous goals flying in from everywhere.

Re - big team/wee team, ive been really careful to say "lower league" rather than "smaller team", am well appreciative of Dunfermline's history and size!

For us, i expect Graham will almost certainly start for the injured Curran, and maybe Franks in for Quinn

For all he very very rarely strays from the way we set up, Jim does tinker with the personnel quite regularly, so i wouldnt be surprised to see any of Fraser/De Vita/Murdoch start.

We should win this given the difference in leagues, but: our defence has been dodgy lately; our midfield looks imbalanced with the wingers constantly changing and the Irvine/Woods partnership nothing like as good as last season; and with our striking partnership out we've lost the most effective part of our team. We're also guff away.

That said, the squad is good enough and i hope Jim has learned from the recent dodgy aspects of our game what needs tightened up. If so, then we just need to hope Schalk and Graham are fit and have gelled better with the rest of the team... thats a lot of "ifs", i'm more confident than i maybe sound...

Icy and foggy here in Embra - good Scottis Cup weather.

Good to get a break from the league and I think playing a premier team will suit us. We're not about bossing the midfield - hopefully we can draw County out a bit and get Cardle/Faissal/Moff/Hopkirk/Wallace running at them. Should really suit Falky getting stuck in. If we lose we have the comfort of a six point league lead so no pressure - we can just give it a good go.

the Irvine/Woods partnership nothing like as good as last season

I don't believe that's true: I think that as a partnership they are neither better nor worse than last season, that they are what they are and we will have that until Irvine is sold.

I would have gone with Hopkirk in all honesty. Ross County and Jim McIntyre know Cardle's game inside out (not that there's much to suss out), at least Hoppy will be a good sub to bring on.

Archived