Hearts v Aberdeen

Dunty

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highlights confirmed what I thought whilst at the game.

Hearts created nothing except panic in our defence. Did Ward have a save to make ?

We were shit but still created 4 great chances and should have had a Pen.

Yet apparently Hearts bossed the game ????

Meltdown.

Love it.

Highlights confirmed what I thought whilst at the game.Hearts created nothing except panic in our defence. Did Ward have a save to make ?We were shit but still created 4 great chances and should have had a Pen.Yet apparently Hearts bossed the game ????

Actual tears were spilt in the writing of this post.

"At the end of the game I gave the instruction for Jonny Hayes to keep the ball, it was my instruction. When the cross came in Ozturk was fine, McGhee got the foul but Ozturk was fine. All of a sudden he has went from the front post to the edge of the box and he goes down. It is something that Hearts consistently do when they are trying to see a game out and something that we made the players aware of.
"Alexander couldn't wait to get the ball out of the park and when their player goes down and doesn't require any treatment whatsoever we have got every right to keep a hold of the ball. Some of the Hearts players complained after the game but I told them that we have every right to keep the ball in that situation."

(McInnes, 2015)

On the bevvy the day, G-MAN?

Fucking ragdolled in that first half and should have been about three down at half-time.

Easy as one, two, three for our defence all day long too. No idea how we managed to sign Rossi tbh. He hoovers up absolutely everything.

Well that was piss easy. We had harder games last season against the plumbers and brick layers.

And that wee shite bag, cast no shadow pops up :lol:

How's the bezzy left back in the wurld :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You had great fun enjoying that behind the screen eh you absolute cretin. In Mr Levein we trust...

Hearts simply wanted it more and Neilson finally seemed to get tactics working against us. Hoping this isn't the start of more worrying turns of form for us. All in all incredibly frustrating, if G-MAN thinks that Hearts didn't boss that game we were obviously watching two very different matches.

ETA: If he's going on about four chances, which let's be honest were four chances the entire 90 minutes, then that speaks for itself. Hearts absolutely controlled the midfield and if all we can show is a few fluffed chances then that demonstrates how poor we were today. Shouldn't be anywhere near a heads gone from our support except at how we played ourselves - Hearts more than deserved to win that tie.

This was the second hardest draw Aberdeen could have got so they should not be too put out.

Apart from the last 2 league games Hearts have been a bit of a bogie team to Aberdeen for a decade.

Beaten by the team that wanted it more and can have no complaints about being out. The way we have gone out of both cups this season definitely gives cause for concern. Real lack of winners in that side. Half 5 kick offs are shite as my hangover is worse than ever this morning.

First off, congratulations to Hearts. For me, you deserved to win the game, streets ahead of us in the first half and restricted us when we eventually got going in the second half. Not quite sure why Sow and Reilly swapped sides at half time given that Sow was having a field day up against Reynolds. Djoum also gave Flood the run around before Flood got injured. Fair play, the better team on the day won, no complaints from me at all about the result.

For us, while I predicted we would go out, I was disappointed that too many of the more quality players failed once again, for the third game on the bounce, to show up with sufficient fight and quality. Hayes is in sore need of dropping after some very poor recent performances. McGinn never really got going. Shinnie was as poor as I have seen him. Reynolds couldn't handle Sow at all. And Rooney is fairly hopeless at holding a ball up, making it stick and bringing the midfield into play.

I'll except Ward, McLean and Pawlett from criticism yesterday, as I personally felt they were our best performers. McLean has a superb passing range, and while he plays better behind the striker, he looked decent lying deeper in the midfield second half. Pawlett came on, ran at players and committed them into making silly fouls. We were sorely lacking that from Hayes and McGinn.

Ultimately, that's the last three cup competitions where we have exited in the first round we enter at, all with very lacklustre performances from big players. Having also had two chances to go top of the table in recent weeks and failed to take them, it really does point to a severe lack of bottle in our squad.

Ultimately, we deserved to go out and fair play to Hearts. I personally would like to see Partick Thistle go on and lift the cup this season now.

Well done Hearts. Better team won, especially the first half.

Dons were dreadful. Considine stunk.

Took too long to get Mcginn into the game.

We've not had a left back for years then sign a top class one and never play him at left back FFS!!!

Improved when Pawlett came on.

Wonder if the Dons fan who kept throwing receipt rolls into their keepers box is happy today? Bought their keeper easily 20 seconds every time and it happened often.

That aside though, Hearts time wasting isn't exactly breaking news. It's what they do. Every team Levein has ever had an involvement in knew how to kill a game. We can moan all day about it but Aberdeen surely had enough time to get a couple of shots on target? Dons didn't turn up, simple as.

Archived