Livingston v Greenock Morton

cornbeef

The match reports are hilarious reading. You'd be forgiven for thinking that Iniesta and Xavi were actually marshalling the Livingston midfield - such was the desperation journalists to report on the 'impact' of Fotheringham and Stanton on the game. They had no effect whatsoever though - despite being up against defenders playing out of position like O'Ware.

Minter.

It's a fair point. Our midfield was overrun at times and as someone else said, no Barr, tidser or mcluskey either.

In the last match I thought gibbons and Faria controlled the midfield, whatever happened to those two??

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livingston are a club in crisis. The situation at boardroom level isn't clear, nobody knows who's running the club but it appears it's being run by a committee rather than a board of directors with an interim chairman in place, after McDougall was "ousted".

We have a manager who was brought in by somebody the fans didn't like as an assistant and now he's been given the job until the end of the season when he should have left alongside Burchill.

We have a squad of very poor players, with poor attitudes and big egos. There isn't a single player the fans look to as a favourite or somebody who can leave a big impact.

Results and quality on the pitch have been absolutely appalling. We go through about 5 formations a game and never have the same starting 11. There's no plan A never mind a plan B.

There's no control at the club. It all seems to be ran on a voluntary/part-time basis. There's absolutely nothing to go and watch, because the problems are numerous and obvious but nobody is clever enough to sort them out. It's an absolute mess and as I've said a club in crisis.

Don't forget it was only 4 years ago our average gate was something like 1950, the club has declined massively since then and so have the gates. I'd consider myself a pretty big Livi fan but I haven't been to Almondvale in months because I and many others like me can't stand the way the club is being run. A well run club with a decent side and we'd be pushing 2000 fans a game.

Saturday was Livi in the shite and the biggest game in Roses history. They're not on the same planet as us, I'm not even listening to any bitter junior diddies about crowds etc. They're a total pub team.

true big fans would know the club will be there long after the board.(in most cases) so depriving YOUR club of funds is the way to go.BTW is your big team from govan ? fvckin roaster.

true big fans would know the club will be there long after the board.(in most cases) so depriving YOUR club of funds is the way to go.BTW is your big team from govan ? fvckin roaster.

Last I looked going to the fitba (or the cinema, ice hockey, golf club, restaurant etc) wasn't compulsory. People don't have to go if they don't think they'll be getting a decent return for their money and it's up to the business concerned to make it seem attractive enough to pull folk into going, and since I don't think there's any organised boycott at Livi I don't see where your "way to go" comment is relevant.

As for your "big team" question, jeez is that really the level of guff you get on the junior threads??

Archived