Livingston v Greenock Morton

cornbeef

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure that had you combined those word salad posts, you might actually have achieved a single, tear-stained retort to your routine pumping by The Famous. Safe to say that I won't be hanging around waiting on it though.

Unlucky.

Deary dear,your the only junior team in West Lothian that has a support,the rest are watched by one man and a dog!!! What tier are you playing in Scottish Football....oh nae tier!!!

the point is it Livi watched by 2 men and a dug. Other junior teams in the county have not had the financial support Livi have. Imagine the difference £100k could have done for the facilities at Whitburn. It's a bit amiss of me to criticise the guys who do watch Livi, the question should be why can't they get a bigger crowd in a large town. In linlithgow the upcoming game has been big news, as are most big games to be honest as the club is an integral part of the town. Are the juniors offering value, yesterday it was a tenner to get in and a pie and a tea was £2.20. Not an expensive day out and with a dozen pubs within 10 mins of the ground the town was bouncing all day and night. If you give people something they want to watch they will come out

the point is it Livi watched by 2 men and a dug. Other junior teams in the county have not had the financial support Livi have. Imagine the difference £100k could have done for the facilities at Whitburn. It's a bit amiss of me to criticise the guys who do watch Livi, the question should be why can't they get a bigger crowd in a large town. In linlithgow the upcoming game has been big news, as are most big games to be honest as the club is an integral part of the town. Are the juniors offering value, yesterday it was a tenner to get in and a pie and a tea was £2.20. Not an expensive day out and with a dozen pubs within 10 mins of the ground the town was bouncing all day and night. If you give people something they want to watch they will come out

Why don't more watch Livi? The answer is because they are a relatively young club in a new town. Most people who live in Livingston are first or second generation and will have moved in bringing their traditional loyalties - Hearts. Hibs, Old Firm mostly I would imagine - with them. When they were in the SPL and in Europe etc., there was a novelty factor but there is a difference between attracting fans to glamour matches and gaining a core support in the lower reaches of the second tier or worse. I think Livi have a lot of "sympathisers" rather than hard core supporters who disappear when they are not playing well.

I dare say they have established a core of genuine Livingston supporters with no other loyalties but it is not many as illustrated yesterday.

Jesus Christ Scottish football fans chugging off about attendances. How pathetic. You would think with the size Greenock Morton think they are they would have at least 30,000 at each game. Bearing in mind how rich a history they have.

200 away fans yesterday by the way.

No, Morton were just as shite as Livingston - if you are delighted watching that then happy days for you bud - I'd rather stab my eyes out to be honest. You obviously missed the fact I was neutral and didn't give two hoots who won (although I had a wee 2-1 Morton correct score) . You alright?

The last time we went up there before yesterday it was a 6 goal thriller, was your missus not shopping that day?

Jesus Christ Scottish football fans chugging off about attendances. How pathetic. You would think with the size Greenock Morton think they are they would have at least 30,000 at each game. Bearing in mind how rich a history they have.

200 away fans yesterday by the way.

Tannoy announced we had 370 there.

Hope that guy realises it's a Linlithgow fan taking the piss out of the crowds. The rest of us don't care.

More than just a Linlithgow fan... But can't blame them, our attendances are pathetic but not too surprising given how the club's run and the lack of effort from the board to get people down to the stadium.

More than just a Linlithgow fan... But can't blame them, our attendances are pathetic but not too surprising given how the club's run and the lack of effort from the board to get people down to the stadium.

The club tried really hard to get fans down yesterday ... With their shovals

A large proportion of the people who support livi,unbelievably to a degree come from the nearby towns and villages,I.e kirknewton,east calder,mid calder,broxburn,uphall,west calder.Easily nearly half of their hardcore support stay outside of livi,most people in livi because it's a new town and people have moved their from elsewhere primarily Glasgow/Edinburgh have their loyalty's lie elsewhere.They did get 2500 for there end of season game vs QOS,they had to win to stay up,thee prices were lowered,there was something to play for and the fans turned out.It must be remembered that lithgae rose in the 'big' scottish is still seen as a bit of a novelty,I know of several guys who went to the Wick and Forfar games and who were neutrals who stay in the county. On your other point Dr.V,yes West Lothian Council dropped millions of pounds into building what is now a white elephant but that is their stupidity along with the SPL and their 10,000 seat rule not the livi support,there is a place for them in the SPFL but in a smaller stadium and probably league 1.Also it's a common talking point in Whitburn,Armadale,Fauldhouse bout how much money gets thrown by WLC at any town in the county that starts with the letters "LI"!!!

Archived