Open secular debate under attack.

dorlomin

"Open secular debate under attack"

As I've alluded to numerous times, you have the power held by and incessant foot-stamping and speech monitoring by 'progressives', social justice types, and feminism to thank for this. There is one songbook - if you're not singing from it, you're in trouble.

Criticizing religion is fine... as long as it's Christianity. Criticizing Islam is 'Islamophobia', 'racism'.

Criticizing by skin colour is fine... as long as it's white. Criticizing by other skin colours is racism.

Criticizing by sexual orientation is fine... as long as it's heterophobia. Criticizing others is homophobia, transphobia.

Criticizing by gender is fine... as long as it's men. Criticizing women is misogyny, woman-hating.

Criticizing feminism is all of these rolled into one, as it now represents them all to some degree.

I think you have a point with some of those but I think it's just because society is trying to reverse years of discrimination, sexism, racism, which all went one way in the past.

For example, people get more edgy about racism towards blacks than they would otherwise because they used to be second class citizens (and worse) in our culture. That's not a difficult concept to understand. It's not a conspiracy against white men

Ask them what?

Not a single part of your post makes any sense.

:huh:

I was agreeing with you. You should ask those I mentioned why wilful discrimination based on skin colour, sexual orientation and gender is now fine, laudable... as long as the skin colour, sexual orientation and gender is from a select list.

banana turning this one into his personal crusade :lol:

Nobody gives a f**k. Pipe down.

Plenty people give a f**k about increasing censorship, thought policing, dogma indoctrination, you might too instead of trying to silence.

I'm intrigued to know what criticisms you would direct towards gay people that wouldn't be homophobic ?

That's not my point. My point is that it has become increasingly acceptable among 'progressives', feminists, social justice types to openly criticize certain demographics without considering yourself a sexual preference-ophobe, racist, religion-ophobe, etc. (read up on intersectionality, or 'how to absolve yourself from being openly racist, sexist, heterophobic'), but not other demographics. Secondly, not singing from this songbook is enough to have people branded racists, sexists, and so forth. For considering immigration curbs? Islamophobe! Not feminist? Women-hater! etc.

I think you have a point with some of those but I think it's just because society is trying to reverse years of discrimination, sexism, racism, which all went one way in the past.

For example, people get more edgy about racism towards blacks than they would otherwise because they used to be second class citizens (and worse) in our culture. That's not a difficult concept to understand. It's not a conspiracy against white men

Do not fight discrimination with discrimination, censorship, shutting down debate.

On men, there is no 'conspiracy', it's openly discriminatory treatment, policy and law.

So this female speaker, who's an Islamic version or ex Islamic version of Ruth Dudley Edwards of Orange Ludge fame.

Anyway the super ex female Islamist is told to bolt from a London Uni because their bottle crashed.

The uni's feminist society teams up with the uni's Islamic Society who are complete rockets, they buy into a bit of slavery, child brides and oral etc etc against the ex Islamist female speaker.

Still trying to work out the wummin' society.

They sound bigger rockets than the Islamists.

• 3 weeks later...

Aye quite right.

If someone posts stuff you don't agree with and you lack the ability to debate, simply chuck random insults.

If the insults don't work, shout louder and make the abuse worse.

If that doesn't work, run away from the debate by putting poster on ignore.

Then try and get other similarly minded cowards to do the same.

Rinse and repeat.

Utterly cowardly TBH but it's a free world and your choice.

It's easier just to skim past your posts to be fair.

I'm to immature and didn't go to uni so you probably don't want me reading your big words and superior thoughts anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Campus 'progressives', feminists and the like once again showing their totalitarian bent by censoring and silencing more than ever this past year. Disturbing that these fuckers end up in politics, advocacy, media and such.

http://www.independent.co.uk/student/news/campus-censorship-an-epidemic-at-uk-universities-as-aberystwyth-edinburgh-and-leeds-named-among-most-a6818896.html

2016’s Free Speech University Rankings (FSUR) have shown 90 per cent of institutions are now censoring speech, up from 80 per cent in 2015, as Aberystwyth University and the universities of Edinburgh and Leeds are among those for being the most restrictive.

Tom Slater, coordinator of the rankings, described how universities are meant to be spaces reserved for “unfettered debate and the pursuit of truth.” However, he added: “Today, in a time when campus bureaucrats see students as too vulnerable - or too easily led - to listen to difficult ideas, the entire purpose of the academy is being undermined, and the bar for censorship is only getting lower.

Link to the rankings.

Archived