Wee rovers v Stranraer

With all due respect, I doubt you'll win the title this season

Bookmarked!

In seriousness I just meant that a run of poor form is nothing new to Darren Young's Rovers and they can still (over)achieve despite it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is more like what most of us expected from this season, but last year's title-winning side had spells like this then shook things up a bit and came back stronger. With a run of winnable games coming up they may well bounce back again.

You were there and I wasn't. So I'm pleased you find room for optimism. The reversal against Airdrie seems to have knocked the stuffing out of us. Snatching defeat that day seems to have turned our hitherto excellent defence into a lump of jelly, with the Dunlops getting in each other's road and the promising young keeper looking like a vulnerable big laddie. Adding our striking impotence makes our present run look like free-falling but I do remember last February's ghastly run followed by a splendid recovery.

I do remember last February's ghastly run followed by a splendid recovery.

Remember also Arbroath's ghastly run, which ruined all their hopes and dreams of promotion and put two bullets in Allan Moore's managerial career. That could happen too (not the Allan Moore bit.)

Not that good mate,6 weeks ago you were telling us this was the worst Manager we had ever had at Stranraer and the Committee and the chairman were a disgrace,changed your mind yet.?

Well your obviously one for gross exaggeration , yes like many others I wasn't happy with many things about the new manager and im still not happy with the selection committee that didn't use due process when appointing him, however I am delighted that we have managed to improve and get away from the relegation zone . After playing players in all sorts of strange positions the manager seems to have realised that they play best in their natural position , I still find it strange that we don't have a recognised centre half ?? Although Bell is doing well there we have no cover should he get injured or suspended and this is an area that cost us so many goals this season...

He's right you know... Other than Pettigrew, Mair, Robertson and Keenan, we've no one else who can play centre half. I love that the secret appears to be playing players in their natural position when some would argue Robertson, Bell and Stirling are out of position!

Due process? How, do you know what went on in the selection process?

Archived