Hibs v Falkirk

God knows. Closest we've come recently was 2006/07 and 2007/08 I think when you pipped us both times to a top 6 spot. Funnily enough in 06/07 we ended up with more points due to the stupid split.

I'd also say Tynecastle is a better away day to be honest . Closer to the pitch and a lot better atmosphere.

I'm not arguing hearts is a great away day. I'm saying we have the best stadia outside Glasgow and that doesn't pay for itself. You get what you pay for or what the home club support are willing to pay. That's why we have a bigger and better side than the majority of this division.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't miss the best day out all season for a few quid, that's why I've got tickets.

This gets forgotten about a lot.

It's clear ER is one of the best stadiums in the country and is mentioned a lot quite rightly.

Also as an away fan you're visiting a very nice stadium which is literally just outside the centre of the nation's capital, easily walkable from train and bus station, loads of parking in the area and has a ridiculous number of places to drink and eat nearby. You could even make a weekend of it and let the wife and kids run around town while you go out with your pals. I've never understood the reluctance to hand over an extra £3/4 for all of this.

22 quid at Hibs is a lot better than 18 at Dumbarton, which is probably the biggest rip off in Scottish football given the stadium is pish, Dumbarton as a town isn't up to much and their team is part time. I don't bring it up every single time we're away to Dumbarton though, instead I just don't go to the game because I don't think it's value for money. If Falkirk fans think 22 quid is a Premiership price for a ground as good as Easter Road they're in for a shock when we go up.

Also as an aside I'd rather pay 22 quid to sit in the away end at Easter Road than the 18 for the home end at The Falkirk Stadium.

This gets forgotten about a lot.

It's clear ER is one of the best stadiums in the country and is mentioned a lot quite rightly.

Also as an away fan you're visiting a very nice stadium which is literally just outside the centre of the nation's capital, easily walkable from train and bus station, loads of parking in the area and has a ridiculous number of places to drink and eat nearby. You could even make a weekend of it and let the wife and kids run around town while you go out with your pals. I've never understood the reluctance to hand over an extra £3/4 for all of this.

Well timing isn't great.

The game is 2 weeks til xmas.

For 1 adult it's ok.

For a family of 4 going it's £68.

If the kids are under 12 that same family will pay £36 to watch Falkirk v Hibs January 17 at our place.

I've never had a problem paying the cash to go to these games because I pay for me and me only.

You are charging Premiership prices in the Championship regardless of how you sugarcoat it.

Or put another way you want to get back up ASAP and still pay Premiership wages so charge away (and home) fans for the privilege.

I don't see why away fans should be charged and punished because you guys got relegated.

Well timing isn't great.

The game is 2 weeks til xmas.

For 1 adult it's ok.

For a family of 4 going it's £68.

If the kids are under 12 that same family will pay £36 to watch Falkirk v Hibs January 17 at our place.

I've never had a problem paying the cash to go to these games because I pay for me and me only.

You are charging Premiership prices in the Championship regardless of how you sugarcoat it.

Or put another way you want to get back up ASAP and still pay Premiership wages so charge away (and home) fans for the privilege.

I don't see why away fans should be charged and punished because you guys got relegated.

It's pretty simple really it's part of trying to run a successful business and that involves looking after your own club first. At the moment it looks as though the decision is paying off.

It's pretty simple really it's part of trying to run a successful business and that involves looking after your own club first. At the moment it looks as though the decision is paying off.

I get it, buy you understand surely why the other clubs don't want to pay for it?

What's the price differential if it's two 13 year old twins? What about if you bring your aunty and her grown up son?

If they're both 13 you lie and say they're 12.

Assuming yer Aunties grown up son is now an adult he would be £18 the same as the Auntie.

I get it, buy you understand surely why the other clubs don't want to pay for it?

Of course. I know locals that don't want to either but we're back to the original point that if you think it's too much don't pay. It's contradictory to say that you think it's overpriced and still go to the game.

Of course. I know locals that don't want to either but we're back to the original point that if you think it's too much don't pay. It's contradictory to say that you think it's overpriced and still go to the game.

Well I do feel ripped off.

Still going though because it's our best away day.

I'm all about the football so wouldn't miss it.

I'm also in Edinburgh Friday night (Murrayfield) and staying in the capital after it.

Looking forward to it

Having spoken to people who don't go anymore because of prices I don't believe that dropping the cost by a couple of quid would make much difference in attendance.

Once you lose them it's a lot harder to get them back.

They find alternatives they enjoy.

Same at every club really.

Yeah and that's been shown by the attendances right now even after the recent run of form. I don't blame people for not going and there's no doubt Scottish Football in general is too expensive. If the results keep coming in the fans will start to return eventually.

It is overpriced, if it was a more reasonable price surely hibs would have sold more season tickets. Home fans seem to belive the current pricing is not value for money and showed this by not buying season tickets in greater numbers.

Nah, that's down to the shite we have had to whiteness for the past 7 years. Nothing to do with the price.

Hibs are a few quid too much but I'll still be going to support the bairns.

My father in law is a hibee and thinks they are the biggest underachievers in Scottish football. Hibs surely (when going well) would challenge hearts and Aberdeen attendance wise so I can see where he is coming from. It seems bizarre to me that hibs are in this division after the millions you guys accumulated in transfer fees. Is that all down to Petri?

Archived