Hibs v Falkirk

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

Why is a family of four the figure that constantly gets banded about?

ok then

A father and his two lads costs £46 at Easter Road and £18 at TFS

A father and his daughter costs £34 at Easter Road and £18 at TFS.

However you dress it up it is considerably more expensive to take your kids to Easter Road than TFS

It is 22% more expensive for and Adult to go one their own.

Why is a family of four the figure that constantly gets banded about?

I can't think of any 4 people families I know that have expressed a real desire to go to the football regularly not sure why this example keeps getting used.

This & This

Only being used because it looks worse than forking out the extra £4 for a ticket.

Guest Back Post Misses

Of course the product on the pitch matters. Once you get past that though facilities and other aspects of the trip do. I've got mates in Edinburgh and I can go for a few drinks on Leith Walk prior to the game which adds to the day out. The stadium is far more atmospheric than TFS and I prefer sitting with the travelling Falkirk support than the home Falkirk support.

For me there's nothing I'd rather spend my 22 quid on this weekend than the football at Easter Road. If you disagree with the pricing then do as you said others have done - vote with your feet. That's what I do when Dumbarton try to take 18 quid off me to sit in a freezing lego stand watching part time footballers.

Alternatively write to Hibs if you feel so strongly about it. It's not like anyone on here sets the prices.

Maybe I am not thinking I am alright Jack. There will be people simply can't afford to go Saturday at those prices due to the proximity of Christmas with all the extra expense that bring to families. There will be people with the same wish to be there Saturday as you and me and would love to take their kids but can't because of cost. Scottish football needs to wake up and recognise that. It is not just Hibs TBF.

prices are just an excuse for people not to go who cant be bothered. they are expensive but not that bad, for some reason people feel a wee bit of guilt for turning their back on their local team so they can stay in the house and check their coupon with jeff and the boys and they need to justify not going.

stop whinging, all away games are expensive, an extra 4 quid is f**k all, youl spend more on petrol getting to dumfires or greenock to get in for 16 quid.

ps, i wont be going tomorrow, i'm working and thats a real excuse :P

Guest Back Post Misses

Being serious for a moment, I would like the prices to be lower in Scottish football. I'm doing alright for myself now but a couple of years ago I struggled to get to as many games as I'd have liked and a more casual fan could've lost interest altogether at that point.

The reality is this 'half the prices and double the crowd' logic doesn't actually work at all. Hibs and plenty other clubs have tried it and the gate increase is negligible. Every club in the country - including Falkirk - now just charges what they think will get them the most money on what hardcore support they have left.

Let's face it, the only reason this comes up on every match Hibs v Falkirk thread is because a lot of Falkirk fans on P&B have raging stauners for Hibs and it's an opportunity to move the conversion on to tear-stained rants about us:

I don't agree with that. There is a difference in Falkirk's long term plan now. They used to rip the arse out of it like others are still doing.

They see by letting under 12 in free who are with an adult is investing in their future paying supporter. Get into the habit of going as a youngster then they will stick with the club. I believe there is a lot of merit in that.

Proof of it working is a blossoming junior club and lots of new paying adult ST's who are bringing their kids along. Falkirk's ST's have been growing steadily for four years now after slipping back. Initiatives like this have had a positive impact not just IMO but looking at the facts.

Is the walk from waverley to the ground doable in 20 minutes? Might be late getting there from work and the train gets in at 2.37

It is but your best crossing the road to the bus stop outside St James and getting any bus down to the middle of Leith walk.

prices are just an excuse for people not to go who cant be bothered. they are expensive but not that bad, for some reason people feel a wee bit of guilt for turning their back on their local team so they can stay in the house and check their coupon with jeff and the boys and they need to justify not going.

stop whinging, all away games are expensive, an extra 4 quid is f**k all, youl spend more on petrol getting to dumfires or greenock to get in for 16 quid.

ps, i wont be going tomorrow, i'm working and thats a real excuse :P

I think we've highlighted the fact that if your going on your tod the extra 4 quid isn't much. It's those who are taking kids with them that are feeling the pinch here.

Is the walk from waverley to the ground doable in 20 minutes? Might be late getting there from work and the train gets in at 2.37

If you walked along Waterloo Place, Regent Road and Easter Road you could probably do it in half an hour. There's a bus from the front of the St James centre that goes down Easter Road can't remember the number but all in, it might not be much faster tbh.

If you walked along Waterloo Place, Regent Road and Easter Road you could probably do it in half an hour. There's a bus from the front of the St James centre that goes down Easter Road can't remember the number but all in, it might not be much faster tbh.

Was thinking that, at least I can control the speed of my legs but not a bus.

I'm due a sick day at work so I might just play that card tbh.

Guest Back Post Misses

Forecast is grim - I would jump in a taxi

Archived