Stranraer vs Airdrie

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this time of year, this type of fixture is about as appealing as a flu jab.

The feverish anticipation in the run up is, well, underwhelming.

Expect a dull home win in front of 350 diehards who will do anything to avoid christmas shopping.

The tannoy will blare a tinny version of the Pogues 'Fairytale to New York' and the assembled will nod sagely as Shane McGowan howls: I could have been someone.

At this time of year, this type of fixture is about as appealing as a flu jab.

The feverish anticipation in the run up is, well, underwhelming.

Expect a dull home win in front of 350 diehards who will do anything to avoid christmas shopping.

The tannoy will blare a tinny version of the Pogues 'Fairytale to New York' and the assembled will nod sagely as Shane McGowan howls: I could have been someone.

Speak for yourself. Can't wait for Saturday, Airdrie Swally team Christmas day out. :thumsup2

Never understood club policies on pricing. Why not have an unemployed and student gate. Proof of either on entry gets in for £6. Might get you a good few extra over a season. Bizarre.

Did you not have an issue last season with folk "forgetting" their season books? If you had concession gates the same folk would probably get in despite having "forgotten" their proof and the club would lose money. Most turnstile operators will take your word for it anyway.

Going to go for a 2-1 Airdrie win here, need to get some momentum going if we are going to keep in touch with the top 2 and secure a play off place. Also hoping Lister makes a guest appearance with a few mins to go, not for a second suggesting he is the messiah and will be the answer to all the clubs problems but will still be great to see him playing again.

Was our last game v Brechin a mirage or can we use it as a platform to improve? Whatever way we look at it we're not a good team at the moment, maybe we can do enough right till we can hobble to the winter window and get our 3 major problem areas addressed (centre mid, striker and LB).

I'm not expecting personnel changes though I'd easily swap oneill for dvz at LB. Fitz and watt have no real compeetition in centre mid even though i think fitz is poor in there. Cox and cadden must start on the wings, and i'm expecting that Morgan will get a chance to partner prunty till either Lister is fit or he reverts to a pumpkin.

I'm hoping for a win, expecting a draw and dont know what i'll do if Bollan fucks this up.

Archived