Clyde v East Fife

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thought we passed the ball really well and won the game pretty comfortably that said great chance missed by Austin at 1 0 however on chances we were well ahead agree on east fife goalkeeper was excellent and credit to Gibson also had a good save didn't have much to do stand outs fergie and smith no real failures solid team performance

Over 20 years watching Clyde and we can only put in these sort of performances when Mark McLaughlin is in the team :lol:

I thought we were well worth the three points today. East Fife were dogged and worked hard enough but their goalie made three outstanding stops. I think the one at the end from Gormley it was actually the defender Page who blocked it. Had we got the second earlier then I think it would've been 3 or 4.

The first half we took full advantage of East Fife playing a back three; we doubled up well on the wing-backs and played some decent football.

Second half they changed to a back four and we lost our advantage out wide. We weren't chasing the game though and bar the one great chance for Austin, and Bolo's crazy back header after Gibson had made a decent stop, I thought we were comfortable. Definitely lost 10 yards of midfield when Marsh went off though, even though he resolved it soon after by bringing Murray on. Another athletic midfielder is the biggest target for January I reckon, although I'd always like an extra goalscorer.

Naysmith has generally dealt with Scott Ferguson well when they've faced up but today he had the better of him throughout. Two terrific finishes and he could have had two more. 11 good performances though; even Gormley who didn't have the best of games barely let them have an easy clearance and we picked up a lot of the loose balls from those challenges. Smith and Marko obviously excellent and McGovern's anticipation once again clear to see.

Biggest fear for me is if we lose a game and Barry ends up changing the set-up of the team completely. Just need to keep winning I suppose.

He hasn't changed much after defeats so far. Regarding the big piece of furniture we have in Junior.

Lots of praise for him today in various social media. Stirling fans seemed relieved he had gone when we signed him citing his lack of pace and finesse.

When I saw him preseason I did wonder what qualities he had.

Having seen him again a couple of times recently he has clearly progressed. Got to be learning from the 2 Os. Marko and Bolo.

Thoughts anyone?

Stirling fans seemed relieved he had gone when we signed him citing his lack of pace and finesse.

Mmmm....not really!! Most of us thought that Smith was a good player and would once again be excellent at this level. However he always (during his time with us) had a mistake or a "blonde moment" in him. Don't know anybody who didn't want him in our squad for this season. He decided to leave however so we moved on.

Thanks, BB. Maybe just a perception I had at the time. And now having looked at posts around the time we signed him I see 1 tongue in cheek response and 1 from your good self praising him.

Your boys getting into the mix now after a slow start?

As stated by a few others Fergie will get the motm for his goals but Junior was absolutely outstanding today and is really settling into that left back position, sometimes his deliveries are poor but he put a few cracking deliveries in today and nothing got past him at all.

It wasn't our best performance today and we made East Fife look better than I think they are. Their keeper was outstanding though and kept the score down with his saves from Gormley & Fergie.

The only worry I have at the moment is that Fergie is starting to play very well and someone might come in for him in January due to his contract running out at the end of the season.

Hopefully Arbroath choose to keep their manager for another week before we play them.

He hasn't changed much after defeats so far. Regarding the big piece of furniture we have in Junior.

Lots of praise for him today in various social media. Stirling fans seemed relieved he had gone when we signed him citing his lack of pace and finesse.

When I saw him preseason I did wonder what qualities he had.

Having seen him again a couple of times recently he has clearly progressed. Got to be learning from the 2 Os. Marko and Bolo.

Thoughts anyone?

Our back 3 are a total rock....

I never thought we would have got someone like marko hence reason we brought him back but by f**k Bolo and Smith total leaders,Match winners and willing to throw their neck on line , What ever was said after Fortmagate I salute Barry and Boab...

Saturdays are (Even more) fun again

2 great goals from Fergie, and so close to a hat-trick with one pushed onto the upright by their keeper. We did drop out of the game for 10-15 minutes in the 2nd half, but still had more, better chances to score. East Fife did have 2 chances where they should have scored, but their forwards blew it.

Big Marvs Grin to oor section during 2nd half warm up was up there and warmed a VERY cold day, I Dont care what any c**t says at best o times but he certainly got an Aura with the crowd and that MUST reflect in dressing room...Fair play to the gaffer for bringing him into squad o leaders (Marko.Bolo.Junior and Big Marv to name just a few)

Foreva n eva !!

I have it on good authority he is indeed a great asset.

Players like Willock and P Keogh will always be this boys legends....

Personality winner for me in past 30yr..... Easily Big Marv , Big yin had the place jump started within seconds during a cold and flat fitba day at times , Taps aff for anyone who dares to disagree:D

Total masterstroke Barry.

Ferguson got 2 today & played well but like a few have said already, big Junior was outstanding and deserves MOTM! What impressed me about him today were some of his deliveries, great ball into the box for the 1st and as always solid in the challenge. We got sloppy on occasions at the back but at the end of the day we kept a clean sheet & could have scored a handful more.

Austin for EF today didnt have the greatest of games but you can tell he is a real talent and certainly has the ability to play at a higher level, he singed a long term deal just recently did he not?

Happy days though with that now 4 wins on the trot. Feels good going in to games with confidence and looking up rather than down! Beat Arbroath next week and it could be a top of the league decider on boxing day :o:thumsup2

He takes some stick but John Gibson's save was huge. Not sure how much he knew of it but still but his body in the way.

We've played better but in control for most of the match and could have scored more. The next three games are huge and if we were to win all 3 we'd be in a brilliant position going into the second half of the season.

Archived