Annan v East Stirlingshire

Did u know guys - Shire have reached 3 Scottish Cup quarter finals- last 1 1981. (Well done).

34 years since ,done piss all since ,a flutter in the challenge cup.Only claim to fame Fergie started his managerial career there ( everybody got t start somewhere). Since then the old school epitamy o what was wrong wi Scottish fitba - milked it for years.No fans No ground.

Let's move on - get EK In the league.

Their fans glorify in being losers, martyrs - just piss Heids nout else to do on a Saturday.Remember the boy wi the carrier bag - he was their no.1 till they banned him.

The morra - u duffed us up there (don't know how) but if we cannae beat u the mora at home we will not win the league.Bloody play offs again.Hope no.

Now now philosopher it looks like the Crimbo party was a session. Nowt wrong wey that but the shire are quite good guys

Mad bill is a character I'll give you that but he's ok when you meet him away from the ground. His lassie is worse. Also you got to see through these Clyde lads, it's pure noise up as they're feart we " a small club fae nae where" finish above them. Let's face they are a shambles and have been for a few years...

Good performance from Annan today! Lost the plot a wee bit at 3-0 and suffered from

substitutions disrupting us a wee bit but overall the performance was night and day from

the cup in midweek!

Spoons again worth his weight in goals and far better show from Matty Flynn!

Always enjoy my trips to Annan but unfortunately the quality of the footy was rank today.

Was surprised that the home team's play went flat after their early goal and for long spells in the 1st half the game was a non event. Shire finally woke up in the last 5 mins or so of the 1st half but that was it. Early 2nd half Annan killed of the game and well apart from a brief purple patch by Shire it was much of the same.

I love lower div footy so for me this was just one of those mis-firing games.

I was surprised at the lack of pace from the home team today and maybe this was why the home crowd were virtually silent the whole game. Even after the goals went in it was back to silence asap - I did find that I bit weird for a team at their zenith. Anyway, I will go back to my Shire misery and thoughts of Mad Bill and his tescos bag (those were the days)

Archived