The convicted criminals latest court case

Seeing the completely shoeing that lawyer got there, is Ashley trying to wind King up/bleed Rangers dry with nonsense legal proceedings on purpose, or is he just desperately trying anything to keep some degree of control even when it has no chance of success?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A simple 'I feel vindicated with today's judgement, hopefully this now allows us to move on with the rebuilding job at Rangers'

I am really disappointed that he chose to lord it up as much as he did, it is in the guys nature I suppose.

Agree with you. Although I am sure that he has experienced such a strong judge previously but I am sure that wasn't how he saw it when he was plead guilty to 41 criminal charges.

King needlessly rubbing it in, its ok for us mere mortal football fans to have our fun but this will just antagonise Mike further

Dave King has told STV that he is not surprised by today's "withering" judgement by an "experienced judge".[/size]

King: "Unsurprising. Glad we had a strong judge who saw this matter for what it really is. It was a humiliating defeat for Mike Ashley."[/size]

King: "I've never witnessed a strong judge really virtually tearing someone apart the way he did today."[/size]

King: "It was an absolutely humiliating defeat for Mike Ashley. I'm delighted with the outcome."[/size]

I disagree, general mike has caused a lot of needless hassle and a wee bit of bravado from king is fair enough. Theres no way that the tank commander will ever be reasonable and this might make him make another rash move.

James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman 26s26 seconds ago

Judge says he would advise Mr King to say nothing to the press until he hands down his full judgment

James Doleman ‏@jamesdoleman 2m2 minutes ago

Judge says that just because he has dismissed commital does not mean he has 'acquitted' King

Back in the game.....

Anyone noticed how £2.4k Doleman's tweets differ from real reporter grant Russell's?

Can you elaborate Benny - I aint really got a scooby what was going on today but that fella wanting folk to pay him for sending Tweets all day was interesting .... did the dafties get value for money ?

Can you elaborate Benny - I aint really got a scooby what was going on today but that fella wanting folk to pay him for sending Tweets all day was interesting .... did the dafties get value for money ?

Doleman spun it in a way which made it look worse for king/rfc, while stv grant tweeted more evenly covering Ashley's teams, rfc team and the judge.

His tweets were on twitter to read for free and some people paid for the privilege.

A simple 'I feel vindicated with today's judgement, hopefully this now allows us to move on with the rebuilding job at Rangers'

I am really disappointed that he chose to lord it up as much as he did, it is in the guys nature I suppose.

Yep agreed, no need for anymore more than that simple statement. Serves no purpose to try an rub Ashley's nose in it. Cheers for the updates Tedi.

Fair point but his (and the 3 bears') ego are the reason they are at the club in the first place. They are in it for the glory.

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant 23s24 seconds ago

Rangers say Mike Ashley was repaid his £5m loan yesterday. Securities will not be released until final working day of this year.

0 retweets 0 likes

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant 45s46 seconds ago

SD: Our group has been providing loan facilities. Second tranche of £5m not drawn down.

1 retweet 0 likes

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant 1m1 minute ago

SD: Commercial relationship between SD & Rangers for some years. Joint venture company which sells Rangers-branded goods under licence.

3 retweets 0 likes

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant 2m2 minutes ago

Sports Direct's QC says he was unaware the £5m had been repaid.

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant now3 seconds ago

Judge questioning nature of initial SD deal. Points out it was entered at important stage in survival of the club.

Court told confidentiality agreement was signed by former RIFC director Sandy Easedale

Judge: Your case is that Mr Ashley can tell the press anything he likes about a meeting. Mr King can't acknowledge he went to a meeting. oooooft

Judge: It was an interview about Mr King, his status in South Africa and his 32,000 or so bottles of wine. Gary Player also mentioned.

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant 7s7 seconds ago

Judge now questioning SD assertion King had authority to speak on behalf of company. Says directors would have to give said permission.

Judge: It was an interview about Mr King, his status in South Africa and his 32,000 or so bottles of wine. Gary Player also mentioned.

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant now

Judge: You've got to establish he was authorised to make the statement by Rangers directors. If not, your case is dead in the water.

Did the judge say ooooft?

To be fair losing it a bit, at BA for losing baggage is not something we should hold against him surely? been there, done that and it was an infuriating experience for me too.

Of course losing baggage is a frustrating experience for anyone. There's a time and a place to complain about this, though, and maybe when you happen to have an airline lawyer in front of you during a court proceeding where you are the presiding authority is ... well, let's be generous and call that questionable.

Love this bit of photoshopping. This is how it happened. It is so.

post-65435-0-58175800-1449764630_thumb.j

Doleman spun it in a way which made it look worse for king/rfc, while stv grant tweeted more evenly covering Ashley's teams, rfc team and the judge.

His tweets were on twitter to read for free and some people paid for the privilege.

With James (or Frank) Doleman, it isn't the bits he tweets - it is the bits he doesn't tweet. I noticed this in another case being covered by himself and some other neutral reporter. (Not Grant Russell in this case......although Grant does remain neutral in his reporting). Reading the two side by side you noticed the nature of the things Doleman wasn't reporting.

Archived