P&B Dead Pool 2016

Spain

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What?

Firstly, I need to know that they've died and you haven't just made it up. Secondly, they have to be sufficiently famous to get a proper qualifying obituary:

People have to be sufficiently famous that their obituary makes a UK-based national news source such as - but not limited to- BBC, national newspapers, or Reuters UK. Local newspapers and special interest magazines (Gardner's Weekly etc) aren't broad enough and don't count.

This always cheers me up.

It amazes me how often this happens. How long have we been playing this game?

Nessie's long lost ghost PM'd me.

For clarity of the game, this is the conversation:

I haven't heard of any of those news sources, and wikipedia is user edited content so obviously doesn't count. See the rules again (quoted below) for guidance on what is suitable and what isn't.

People have to be sufficiently famous that their obituary makes a UK-based national news source such as - but not limited to- BBC, national newspapers, or Reuters UK. Local newspapers and special interest magazines (Gardner's Weekly etc) aren't broad enough and don't count.

This should be in the thread by the way, not in PM's. It's an open public game. Also if you keep this in the main thread other users may help and find a suitable obituary for you. FWIW, I've had a look for you and can't find anything that qualifies yet. Keep looking but I would warn you that if a death from last month hasn't been picked up by a UK-based national news source for an obituary then it's unlikely it will.

All he did was send me three links (which P&B is not liking for some reason). Hardly humiliating the guy.

But the games run in here, not in my messages.

At a glance I saw that Luckmann has been name-checked in the Guardian in the past. If they fleetingly mentioned him again before the end of the year, as "the late Thomas Luckmann" or similar, would that count?

All he did was send me three links (which P&B is not liking for some reason). Hardly humiliating the guy.

But the games run in here, not in my messages.

Chill out a bit, Spain. Its a very minor inconvenience.

Seeing as you are here did you get my subby PM?

I did, and the subs post has been duly updated and linked to your sub-post.

Links are all in the first post.

Archived