Livi v Sons

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not quite sure I'd say that any of us are claiming that 'everything is wonderful', but I take your point.

A week which saw us win three games, scoring eight goals in the process, keeping three clean sheets, distancing ourselves a little from our relegation rivals with those wins, and Livi losing to a rancid Alloa side can only give confidence to the players and fans alike.

It'll be two steps back if we lose this one though, we've got to keep the momentum going. And off the back of three wins and confidence being high, we won't have a much better chance of adding to our run.

I'll go with a 2-1 win. Fleming double and a Frazer Wright header with Livi scoring a late consolation.

Don't agree it's two steps back if we lose this. We were crying out for a bloody point never mind taking 3 twice in a row. Of course we hope it can kick on now, but if we lose il still be happy with how this week has went.... And probably play the "livi were due a win against us" card.

Don't agree it's two steps back if we lose this. We were crying out for a bloody point never mind taking 3 twice in a row. Of course we hope it can kick on now, but if we lose il still be happy with how this week has went.... And probably play the "livi were due a win against us" card.

It would depend on the nature of any defeat.

The last week has seen the welcome return of 2 up front and a pressing game where opposing players are harried all over the pitch. Of course this approach can leave us exposed at times and we were fortunate at the weekend that St Mirren were so lacklustre in front of goal. However I'd rather we went down fighting compared to some of the listless, defensive processions we've witnessed at times this season and frequently last season.

However I'd rather we went down fighting compared to some of the listless, defensive processions we've witnessed at times this season and frequently last season.

There's not a football fan on earth who wouldn't agree with that. A return to a 4-4-2 system has been the primary reason for our last two results and although there were points on Saturday when we got a bit of luck we competed on a par with St Mirren for most of that match.

Of course there are times when it's prudent to be more defensively minded but that's certainly not from the first minute. Very few teams can defend successfully for 90 minutes with wave after wave of attack a 4-5-1 seems to leave us open too.

Aitken should now realise we're stronger playing with two up front. If we lose a few goals in the process whilst actually trying to win games I'll take it.

Nothing to fear going to Livi. Players should have plenty of confidence.

Do Dumbarton not still not owe Livi owner (Rankine) at least £200k and if called that in you'd be bust?

'Fraid not.

What's the script with Livi financially at the moment? Last season was a bit hairy by all accounts, have things calmed down this year?

On track to make a profit for the 3rd year running.

Good stuff

Wonder if any of you lot know the answer to a question we were discussing in Uni a few weeks back, did Hugo Faria play in the same team as Cristiano Ronaldo when they played for the Portugal U20s? Going to become one of my favourite trivia stats to whap out at games if he did, but finding team lines was a real struggle.

You must owe the £200k to someone else now then?

Is it not a fecund fibber who puts yon story about £200k around?

I remember the same guy claiming Dumbarton had signed Craig Lynes from East Fife - just in front of Milwall going to bid £200k for him.

The boy played a few games for us before ending up at Gala Fairydean.

Good stuff

Wonder if any of you lot know the answer to a question we were discussing in Uni a few weeks back, did Hugo Faria play in the same team as Cristiano Ronaldo when they played for the Portugal U20s? Going to become one of my favourite trivia stats to whap out at games if he did, but finding team lines was a real struggle.

Here's the Portugal team that won the toulon tournament in 2003

post-53915-14501278410227_thumb.jpg

Archived