Halfway (ish) Team of the Season

Standard fare where with the season coming up to the halfway point you get to choose what 11 players from this majestic division would make the best team!

Gk-Sean Murdoch-Division seems slightly weaker in this department compared to previous seasons, the decline of Douglas with the departure of Gaston hasn't helped with that, Fleming looked decidedly shaky in his last game against us. Honorable mentions to Smith of Peterhead who had a good game against us, I'll stick with Murdoch though, to have only conceded 11 goals by this point is pretty good going, almost as good as the Queen of the South side from a few seasons back, and if he keeps a clean sheet against Stenhousemuir in the next game it'll be exactly the same.

Rb-Devlin-This is based probably more on reputation rather than a standout performance against us, he does seem to carry a good reputation and the Rangers fans were impressed with him after the cup performances, if Ryan Williamson hadn't been crocked all season it would have been a difficult decision.

CB-McCausland-No coincidence that once he got upto speed we went about 7? games without conceding, he's above this level and would be solid enough in the championship, he's had a great impact on BRE aswell, striking up a great partnership.

CB-Mick Dunlop- Rovers put in a brilliant defensive performance against us through at Cliftonhill and he seemed to be at the heart of it getting everything organised, with Rovers not seeming to have a brilliant attack that can dominate games to have only conceded 17 goals is great going. I was slightly tempted to put BRE in but he was wobbly at the start of the season, with the heavier pitches and the longer ball getting played more in the winter though it really does suit him.

Lb-Talbot- As defensively solid as you'll get at this level and is pretty capable at getting forward, after getting sent of in his first start in a friendly I thought he'd be a bit more of a nutter tbh.

Rm-Paton- Has went through patches of form as wingers tend to do, along with Cardle though he's a big reason for why we've scored the amount of goals we have, has absolutely fantastic crossing from open play and can get by a man, Joshua Mullin has probably been the most threatening winger we've faced this season but Paton deserves his inclusion due to the amount of assists he's had.

Cm-Docherty- Cracking player, while Ayr had a few players missing against us in the last game, the player they seemed to miss the most while we were down to ten men was Docherty. As harsh as it may be on Ayr I would be delighted if they failed in the play-offs(Providing Dunfermline win the title) in the hope we might be able to tempt him, cracking player.

Cm-Geggan-Feel he would compliment Docherty well, has held our midfield together at times this season with a few brilliant performances, cases could be made for including Adams but I'd plump for Geggan due his goals.

Lm-Cardle-2nd or 3rd highest goalscorer in the league and a huge amount of assists, playing a tier below his capabilities, glad to have him!

St-Faiss-His goals have dried up a bit but he still offers allot to the team, fantastic pace and the best first touch in the league, he's had a fairly rapid rise this season.

St-McCallister- Can't leave out the leagues top scorer! always gives our defense a nightmare with his physicality. If Moore had been fit for more of the season he could've commanded a spot but he seems to have been out for ageeeees.

Murdoch

Devlin-Dunlop-Cheesy-Talbot

Paton-Docherty-Geggan-Cardle

Faiss-McCallister

Biased towards your own team is probably expected tbh.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been to as many league games as I would have liked this season and have probably only seen each side once, but a couple of players have stood out. I can't really add anything different to what's above: I thought Mick Dunlop was excellent on Saturday when Albion Rovers bodied Stenny at the weekend; Ross Docherty really looked the part when Ayr United won 1-0 at Ochilview; and Rory McAllister's first-half performance in Peterhead's 3-4 capitulation was one of the best I've seen from an opposition forward.

At the Warriors, I reckon Jason Scotland's been pretty hot so far and Kieran Millar is developing into a smashing wee player. After breaking his nose and missing out on the midfield axis to Jon Robertson and Stephen Stirling, he's come back with a bang. One of the best ball winners I've seen at the club.

Rather than name a bunch of players from various clubs my team of the season is Albion Rovers. Expected to be whipping boys at the start of the season but sitting in 3rd playing decent football and not shitfesting.

Thought Albion Rovers' central defence was superb when we played through there. Totally snuffed out Moffat and Faissal. Men against boys.

Saying that, I've been really impressed with Michael Moffat - don't spend the whole time wanting to throttle him. He has already beaten his mighty goal tally from last year.

John Armstrong and his darts player physique was probably the most incredible sight so far.

Going on games i've attended and watching via highlights, other than Ayr, Dunfermline, Albion Rovers and Rory McAllister, you can't really pick much. I'd personally go for:

Murdoch

Devlin McAusland Dunlop Boyle/Talbot

Docherty Geggan Adams

El Bakhatoui McAllister Preston

Subs: Fleming, Dunlop, McLauchlan, Love, Cardle, McIntosh, Scotland

Very impressed with Albion players. Solid defence. Ayr, Devlin, Docherty and Adams would be good additions to our side but fail to see what the fuss is about regarding Boyle or their strikers.

Can't really think of many other outstanding performances apart from Mcallister. Very poor standard of league this season.

Very impressed with Albion players. Solid defence. Ayr, Devlin, Docherty and Adams would be good additions to our side but fail to see what the fuss is about regarding Boyle or their strikers.

Can't really think of many other outstanding performances apart from Mcallister. Very poor standard of league this season.

I would take Moore (fully fit) over any striker in this league. After him Faissal. Would also rather have Boyle than Talbot although think they're probably relatively similar.

Going on games i've attended and watching via highlights, other than Ayr, Dunfermline, Albion Rovers and Rory McAllister, you can't really pick much. I'd personally go for:

Murdoch

Devlin McAusland Dunlop Boyle/Talbot

Docherty Geggan Adams

El Bakhatoui McAllister Preston

Subs: Fleming, Dunlop, McLauchlan, Love, Cardle, McIntosh, Scotland

Preston seems an odd shout.

Preston seems an odd shout.

His work rate up top uis second to none anytime I watch him. He has been unlucky in the sense that Moore has been out for so long, them as a partnership were very tricky to handle. Recently he has been leading the line on his own and has always been, at least, a solid 7/10

I would take Moore (fully fit) over any striker in this league. After him Faissal. Would also rather have Boyle than Talbot although think they're probably relatively similar.

Anyone that wouldn't have Moore first in that team needs their head read. Would then have to go with McCallister as his partner and Spence on the bench.

Anyone that wouldn't have Moore first in that team needs their head read. Would then have to go with McCallister as his partner and Spence on the bench.

I can only imagine how many goals we'd score if we one one of dem players.

Just have to settle for having the second top goalscorer I suppose.

Archived