Halfway (ish) Team of the Season

I can only imagine how many goals we'd score if we one one of dem players.

Just have to settle for having the second top goalscorer I suppose.

Do you think he'll be second top by the end of the season? Personally i don't. He had a blistering start, as did the whole dunfermline team. My guess is its down to having a full-time pre-season whereas other teams take a few weeks into the season to get theirselves together.

I can't be arsed to check but i'd bet his record first quarter was better than second. He's not as good as you thought at the start of the season and Moore will go a lot further in the game than him. He scored goals for us at a higher level in a struggling team and looked the part. McCallister is the finished article and then some at this level.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think he'll be second top by the end of the season? Personally i don't. He had a blistering start, as did the whole dunfermline team. My guess is its down to having a full-time pre-season whereas other teams take a few weeks into the season to get theirselves together.

I can't be arsed to check but i'd bet his record first quarter was better than second. He's not as good as you thought at the start of the season and Moore will go a lot further in the game than him. He scored goals for us at a higher level in a struggling team and looked the part. McCallister is the finished article and then some at this level.

Can't really argue with that tbh. Not seen enough of Moore to comment on whether or not he'll play at a higher level than Faz mind you.

Moore was playing at a higher level when Faissal was still playing futsal on the beach in St Tropez. Moff was a 30 goal a season striker until he left Ayr. There are certain players who just excel in a certain environment, with a team built around them playing to their strengths.

Balls are hairy not crystal, I'm confident we will win the title this season, it's pretty impossible to guess how many goals a player will get though, Spence could very well go on a good run if Cowdenbeath continue there upturn in form, i'll be Happy for Faiss to come third behind Spence if he bangs in a few hat-tricks against Ayr in a couple of Cowden victories.

There was a bit of a perfect storm for us at the start of the season, teams underestimated us somewhat, think that might have been down to last season, the pitches were perfect and fitness was more of an issue. Recently teams sit in allot more and teams have caught up a bit on fitness. I think the biggest difference is the pitches though, they're cutting up now and it is allot harder to keep your footing, it's pretty key to his game, turning defenders inside out. He's still been contributting though and I'm happy enough with his contribution, the only player I'd genuinely consider swapping him for is McCallister upfont.

Disagree with your statement regarding Moore though, he seems a decent enough player at this level when fit, no matter what way you look at it he's only score 5 league goals this year?He's no use to anyone sitting on the treatment table, If he has a similar second half where he misses most of it through injury he'll be struggling to get a full time deal. Worth remembering that the year you were in the first it was a really weak division, not quite sure where you get it from that he'll go allot further, if Faiss keps improving at the rate he's going it's impossible to tell.

Must be a different Chris Kane. The one we have doesn't even get a game. Hopeless.

Him playing left back in that 5-1 pumping away to Partick still gives me nightmares. Woeful.

Archived