St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone please provide evidence of this supposed dreadful record against ten men, bearing in mind we beat Alashkert on the night. There was one poor performance against Motherwell last season but that's it AFAIK. Surely folk aren't just taking 101 Saint's word for it?

Nobody able to recall Tommy beating 10 men? It has happened, maybe twice. Come on, prove me wrong...

Anyway, never mind about 10 men. Tommy won the cup. And Steve Lomas didn't phone him. Read more in the Scottish Sun.

I think the positives of having Tommy Wright as a manager outweigh the negatives. For all he makes bizarre team selections and can his tactics can be perplexing, he has created a very good team here and has achieved more with us than any other manager ever had. I don't think he's an outstanding manager (that may come with longevity however) but I think he's a good one who suits us perfectly just as we are perfect for him.

My favourite thing about Tommy is his complete domination of certain teams and his ability to figure a side out and their weaknesses after a game or two against them. When that familiarity doesn't exist however (witness our horrendous record against newly promoted teams under Wright) we can often be flat. For that reason I am more worried than most about the Hibernian league cup tie as we haven't had that chance to figure them out.

Don't agree about Tommy's ability. I think he's terrible. But I like your post. I think you wrote what you believe. Thank you for your time.

Archived