St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the game and St J clearly had the better of it when it was 11 v 10 as you would expect when Hearts park the bus. Wouldn't say they totally dominated and Hearts looked more comfortable than they did when it was 10 v 11 at home to Ross County. We basically camped in our box in that game and scored on a rare foray forward.

Still not sure how the boy missed after St Johnstone got the advantage from the would be penalty. It looked like an open goal

Still not sure how the boy missed after St Johnstone got the advantage from the would be penalty. It looked like an open goal

Because Murray Davidsons feet are connected to his legs by curly wurlys when he gets in the box

My lot are all away out watching Star Wars ( which I don't get) so I am here left all alone. I have to say this thread is quality entertainment though so I am glad I don't get SW hype.

This Thundercat geezer is marvellously bad. I hope he can go on a bit longer before he has to take his methadone medication. He makes Gordon Sawers look like an amateur .. Go on son, give it some whammy.

We didnt struggle at all yesterday against ten men, we dominated the ball and created numerous clear cut chances, the only struggle was actually finishing off the chances.

Ok but you couldn't beat ten men, which was my main point. You had a man advantage at home against a team who you would fancy beating 11 v11. Why do you think you struggle to beat ten men?

Ok but you couldn't beat ten men, which was my main point. You had a man advantage at home against a team who you would fancy beating 11 v11. Why do you think you struggle to beat ten men?

I've already said its because we struggled to finish our chances. Its in the post you quoted.

I'd really love to know what, if anything, went through Macca's head when he went to hit that penalty. His last one was skied over the bar. This one was a crucial kick - it almost certainly would have been the match winning strike. Surely in those circumstnaces you run up and pass it to a corner of the net, and if the keeper saves it then that's just one of those things. You've got to at least hit the target.

To run up and absolutely put your foot through it, intentionally going for the most high-risk type of penalty you can is criminal.

Can someone please provide evidence of this supposed dreadful record against ten men, bearing in mind we beat Alashkert on the night. There was one poor performance against Motherwell last season but that's it AFAIK. Surely folk aren't just taking 101 Saint's word for it?

Someone said in general when you play ten men you struggle so it wasn't particularly just about this match.

Someone also said Tommy Wright is a dreadful manager.

Archived