St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we win

but I hope our hosts have an enjoyable afternoon aside from the result

There are a few opponents against whom I'd prefer we won in the jammiest, most seethe-inducing manner possible. Plenty of cheating, diving, hacking and hoofing, followed by an 88th minute deflected winner by Juanma Delgado*, much to the beetroot-faced consternation of the home support, would normally be the order of the day.

The St Johnstone fans seem like a nice enough bunch, though, so I'll gladly go with topcat's suggestion.

* (whose every touch has been booed since going down holding his face in the ninth minute)

Saints will be without @Spoony_10 for the trip to face @MotherwellFC on 30th Dec as he serves a one game ban following his booking on Sunday

Wouldn't he miss this game? Bit confused...

Suspensions for bookings kick in 2 weeks after the booking.

So he plays this week & next as the suspension starts on the Sunday.

Have to hope Chris Millar is available for this, as it looks like Cummins and Lappin are missing again.

Not sure how I'd line up for this, our defence has been horrendously porous lately, but you couldnt single out a player whos been underperforming. Your options are Fisher, McKay and Scobbie, and none of those strike you as someone who's going to tighten anything up. Midfields weak centrally if we're without Millar, so pray to all thats holy he makes it, I'd like to see MOH drop back in with Spoony going left regardless of Millars situation. Kanes the obvious shout up front next to MacLean aswell, but you could argue he needs to start contributing more if hes to stake a real claim to be starting ahead of Cummins once hes fit again.

Expect we'll lose this 2-1 with Swanson scoring all three.

Just remembered Brad McKay and John Sutton play for us. Assume the winner of this game is decided by which former player scores the most goals. Plump for 0-0 seeing as neither Sutton, McKay or Swanson will get on the pitch at any point.

Away win.

Wan-ma the diver and Sow don't work together. I'd hook Wan-ma and start King and Nicholson out wide in a 4-5-1.

McGhee should also keep his place before that huddy of a left back.

Is King fit?

I'd also keep McGhee in as dropping him could really affect his confidence.

A narrow win. 1-2.

Archived