St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

The 208 or Glover Arms are the only ones near the stadium. I would recommend drinking in the town centre then getting the bus up (IIRC it's the 1 and 2 which go near the McDiarmid).

Cheers, will stay in town for a bit then head nearer the ground for a couple.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the fact that this is now a big game, we'll hopefully manage to scrape a draw. It'll be interesting to see how Neilson lines up for this one given the form St Johnstone are in (apart from the weekend). I'd be tempted to give King a start despite him just coming back from injury, just to see how he gets on. It would be good to see him manage at least an hour.

Ozturk back in, switch Rossi to LB.

Swanson in for Bauben or Pallardo. midfield has looked a bit flat recently. (imo)

Juanma could do with dropping as well. Lately it's looked like he'd rather be Christmas shopping in the DVD section of the Hibs club shop.

Would love to see Reilly up top with Sow, just wish Robbie did.

Swanson in for Bauben or Pallardo. midfield has looked a bit flat recently. (imo)

Juanma could do with dropping as well. Lately it's looked like he'd rather be Christmas shopping in the DVD section of the Hibs club shop.

No thanks to any those changes. Although, certainly, the midfield wouldn't look flat with chubby Swanson in it.

No for me. We have a straight choice to make between Oshaniwa and McGhee at left back, there's no point shifting our most consistent centre half out of position when our defence has been generally solid. And it's been solid with both McGhee and Oshaniwa in it so I don't think it's a big deal whichever one we pick.

(Paterson-Augustyn-Ozturk-Rossi) - 2 games, 6 goals conceded.

(Paterson-Augustyn-Rossi-Oshaniwa/McGhee) - 8 games, 5 goals conceded.

Juanma - 8 goals.

Reilly - 1 goal.

I'd be happy enough with the line-up from Saturday tbh. We just need to play much better.

Your interview with Liam Craig was superb.

Is Mikey as thick as he seems?

Thanks! Liam was great to chat with. I had a real struggle in cutting down the word count for that one. Did you get the most recent programme (v Celtic)? I wasn't able to do an interview for that one, so I'm wondering whether Ross Cunningham maybe managed to get something else done for it.

Mikey was definitely a pleasant surprise. He gave me plenty of interesting answers and used the word 'unorthodox' correctly. If Mikey is indeed the thickest in the squad, as some of his team-mates have said, I wouldn't actually say that it's too embarrassing for him. Every player I've interviewed so far has seemed pretty switched-on. And friendly. Tommy certainly seems to recruit his players based on personality as well as footballing ability. What a team.

With respect...

thank f**k you're no' picking the team!

I'm not dropping McGhee, I'm sticking him in goal. :P

It was the Reilly for Juanma switch that I objected to, mainly. :lol:

I hope Reilly comes good, and he must have something, but he hasn't done anything to merit a start, sadly.

Also, as much as Juanma can be a passenger at times, there's always the possibility that he'll show a flash of brilliance that could turn the game our way.

I'd also be tempted to leave Ozturk for another few weeks to give him time to recover - he's decent, and I'd imagine that playing through injury didn't do much for his early season form.

Rossi has been solid at centre half, but I wouldn't be averse to him playing at left back if oSHANiwa cannae get his finger oot.

Archived