St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wright called us a physical side yesterday.

Which I've no problem with, it's true. He was generally pretty complimentary and seems like a decent c**t.

Surely you wouldn't have a problem if it is actually true. Saying O'Halloran is one dimensional and that we're a long ball team isn't true (appreciate he qualified both comments) and I think that's why some fans took umbrage with the comments. There's an element of truth in both - O'Halloran would be less effective if he wasn't so fast and we do mix things up a bit - but not quite as black and white as the quotes attributed to Neilson would have you believe.

Can't see it being a high scoring game, Saints defence were injured at Tynie iirc and Hearts have tightened up at the back considerably since then too.

We're still pretty porous and capable of scoring 2 or 3 so could easily be a 3-2 or something. Not really bothered as long as we win!

Hi, I'm currently carrying out my dissertation research looking at a Scottish match day experience and how it can be improved. I'm looking for participants to take my questionnaire. It will only take a couple of minutes to carry out & all responses will be greatly appreciated - thanks!

https://strathbusiness.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3wuSnkur7JUQZZH

Done, mate. :)

Hi, I'm currently carrying out my dissertation research looking at a Scottish match day experience and how it can be improved. I'm looking for participants to take my questionnaire. It will only take a couple of minutes to carry out & all responses will be greatly appreciated - thanks!

https://strathbusiness.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3wuSnkur7JUQZZH

Done

Hearts are an extremely big, physical side but have a fair bit of pace and quality in their team as well. They have a few players I would love to have at Saints. I think Calum Paterson is a fantastic player to name one. Sam Nicholson is also a player I rate highly.

I have no issue with Robbie Neilson - or any other manager - suggesting we have a team who work hard and enjoy the physical side of the game because it's true. However, Robbie - and many other managers - incorrectly suggest that's what we are all about, which isn't true. Our defence isn't as tight this season and we don't grind out results like we did last season. We are scoring freely and conceding in pretty much every game. We are a completely different side this season. Last season we made the most of what we had - a good defence. This season we have a pretty incredible forward line which is why we have already surpassed last seasons goals for tally.

If anyone thinks Michael O'Halloran is our only threat, they need to remember we went to Aberdeen and won 5-1 WITHOUT Michael O'Halloran. I believe Hearts have lost both matches against Aberdeen this season. That particular match defines everything Robbie Neilson fails to grasp about our side IMO.

Hard game to judge until we see the line ups, if we dont have Millar it'll far harder, while Neilson could chuck out any team/formation.

Sutton over Kane... What the f**k is the thinking there? Maclean and Sutton together doesn't work they are both just too slow, which creates way too much of a reliance on O'Halloran to provide pace. Hope I'm proven wrong but I can't see that working.

:lol: Sutton :lol: thought we got over his partnership with MacLean after out horrifying European adventure. Absolutely no idea where thats come from and can only see it leading to the exact same performances as back then. No Millar on top of that is a massive blow too

Archived