Brechin City v Stranraer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to know what to expect here. Part of me thinks we can win because we do still have some decent players, we haven't been playing that bad and Brechin are clearly struggling as well. Although its equally as easy to see us giving away more bad goals, struggling to score ourselves and once again failing to dig in when the going gets tough. Being honest a draw wouldn't surprise me!

No fan wants to see their team bottom of the league but if a defeat today spelled the end for Brian Reid I think it would be a price worth paying. Short team pain for long term gain. Much rather be bottom today than bottom come the end of the season. Might be the reality check our committee needs. Transfer window about to open, some decent players still in squad and ££££ from the Celtic game would give a new manager a decent chance of moving up the league. If Reid stays unfortunately can't see us anywhere but the bottom two places.

Hard to generate any excitement about this , we ll sit in first half and not score prob go a goal down then last 15 mins we ll. Pummell them and get a draw..... Could be lowest crowd in years today , ridiculous making Stranraer travel up here game before Xmas and likewise sending us to Ayr our next game......

Hard to know what to expect here. Part of me thinks we can win because we do still have some decent players, we haven't been playing that bad and Brechin are clearly struggling as well. Although its equally as easy to see us giving away more bad goals, struggling to score ourselves and once again failing to dig in when the going gets tough. Being honest a draw wouldn't surprise me!

No fan wants to see their team bottom of the league but if a defeat today spelled the end for Brian Reid I think it would be a price worth paying. Short team pain for long term gain. Much rather be bottom today than bottom come the end of the season. Might be the reality check our committee needs. Transfer window about to open, some decent players still in squad and ££££ from the Celtic game would give a new manager a decent chance of moving up the league. If Reid stays unfortunately can't see us anywhere but the bottom two places.

My thoughts exactly

Time for some folk to FINALLY wake up and smell the coffee. Its been clear that Reid is taking this team nowhere for a couple of months.

You are quite correct . Reid is a horrible individual. Deserves all he gets in the game. Shame for a good Stranraer team to be brought down to his level.

A massive win for us today. Two great goals knocked the stuffing out of Stranraer. No failures today at all. The only way is up from here.

Can't wait for Diehard's excuses though .

Played well today and blew my nvr score in 1st half theory right outta window ! Had Isaac scored pen I think we d gone on and scored 5 or 6 , Stranraer had chances too but Smithy coped well and the post saved us twice ..... Don t think anyone at game would grudge us the 3pts.... Defence looked better without Dods .... Well played lads

Time for some folk to FINALLY wake up and smell the coffee. Its been clear that Reid is taking this team nowhere for a couple of months.

I'll keep agreeing with you , but I still get slated on the Stranraer forum by people that must not watch or listen to anything to do with football, I feel the best time to sack Reid has gone , we still have a decent squad but no leadership or organisation , no game plan and no team spirit all eradicated by Reid

And yet the committee sit with their fingers well and truely lodged in the wrong place , I have also just raised a question re our chairman he can't be totally exempt from responsibility , do you know his back ground Tucker , I know he is a Stranraer man but does he have a business background ?

Like the vast majority of our fan base kvz2000 I want Reid out.....infact I think we have already ignored a lot of blatant signs and persisted where it was fairly apparent it was never going to work out (but hey too many clubs make hasty decisions these days). As for your questions about our chairman's background - well I have no wish to enter into any discussions on that front (plus I suspect you already know the answers to the question you ask). We are hardly going to have Abramovich at the helm though are we? I can think of a few people who have done well in that role without a background in business. What I would say is that from what I can make out the guy has worked hard for the club over the years and justified his place on the committee. Its not for me to say if he has the attributes to be a successful chairman - time will tell on that front.

Cheers , I feel we ( the club ) have messed up big time , sacking of mr Reid should have happened before ended up in the bottom spot and if they wait much longer they are hampering any chance of a new manager getting us out this mess. I have always praised the work and commitment of our committee and chairman and could never fault their efforts , but that does not mean they don't make mistakes

It was nice to win today but let's not get overlay excited.If Stranraer win their game in hand we will be back to bottom.We have been here before so let's hope we can win 5 or 6 on the trot before we get excited.Would still sack Dodds as still something missing from team.

Archived