Brechin City v Stranraer

What a load of rubbish,calm down man.

Think your needing to wake up , the committee have just backed the manager , why , what good thing has he done , so your happy that come January Reid will off load players that he doesn't rate , Longworth , Stirling who knows and then he will bring in more absolute sub standard players ....

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious question, could Stranraer afford to sack Reid, guessing he's on an OK contrast that lasts longer than this season?

After that, who would you want in? If you were to sack Reid, could you afford a manager of the calibre you want?

Aitken seems to be the one thing Stranraer haven't been able to replace, don't know if there is someone out who could do what Aitken did

don't know if there is someone out who could do what Aitken did

Possibly not but am certain there are people out there who can do better than Reid has done and will continue to do if left in post. As an outsider looking in (or as a fan who is unable to attend games) it's easy to just check results and forums and think it's ALL about Aitken leaving. Was always going to be a hard man to replace and it would be wrong to judge a new manager against what we were producing before BUT Reid is doing a terrible job regardless of what AItken did before. His man management and decision making is something else, can't think of one single aspect of the job that he has done well. That's what I want to hear from the committee - we are rock bottom of the league with a reasonable squad, so what is he doing well that makes keeping him in place the right call? Don't buy the argument that this "vote of confidence" is simply setting the scene for a sacking given its accompanied by a pledge to allow Reid to revamp the squad.

Incompetent decision making from the people running our club , of course they do a power of work for little or no remuneration , but how can so many people fail to see the harm being done to our club and they are responsible , I imagine like a number of committees there will be a few outspoken/confident people that the rest just agree with but that's wrong . At the end of the day if Reid turns things round and we end well up the league then I'll be the first to say I was wrong, but its a huge gamble the committee are taking and one that could have serious consequences for years to come ,

Just hope they keep backing him for the foreseeable future ! ;)

Wouldn't be surprised , I feel they will stick with him for two reasons , 1) sacking him would mean they admit they made a mistake and they don't seem to be able to do that 2) the club will feel its too much money to get rid ( again making their decision to hire him even more worrying )

All that said the team aren't that bad just can't convert enough of the chances they create and can't keep a clean sheet, a victory could make a huge difference but I also fear Reid has caused so much unrest in the dressing room it might be too late for him to get a reaction from the players .

I just can't believe that the majority of the committee are prepared to allow this man to further dismantle a once very good side and allow him to bring more rubbish to the club.

Is it the case that the minutes of a committee meeting are able to be viewed by members of the club , if so I'll rejoin as a member to find out what was said at the meeting ...

Archived