Arbroath v The Shire

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That amateur Lumsden played a DEFENSIVE game AT HOME yesterday just like the Elgin game and he will do the same on Tuesday,as I stated before he is playing to "stay up" not "to go up", there is no way we will be in the play off's with this guy in charge,the guy who told the players at the start of the season he would not be using loan players,how many has he went through?

He is lost, his head is in a fog, I hope the club have started looking for a replacement for next season without doing it on the cheap like they did with him.

As for Hester what chance has he got playing up front on his own with a defense who just boot the ball in his general direction hoping that this young guy will get on the end of it and mussel of two or three big defenders,schoolboy tactics from a manager who should be running a school team.

Hislop said we played 4-3-3 first half.

Eta: apologies, a 4-3-3 attacking and a 4-5-1 defending.... Don't like how he said the boys were affected by Watsons injury either to be honest. What's their excuse for playing shite the other 90 percent of the season.

I hope the club have started looking for a replacement for next season without doing it on the cheap like they did with him.

Same, the last years been enough for me and if they don't do anything in the summer (even if we were to get promoted, the leagues shite and his management of the team the last years been fucking shambolic) I think it will really work against all the really good work the club have done off the park this season. Sick fed up of this, torture having to go to gayf this past year, know plenty that have already stopped while he's there and I know more that will give it a miss if he ends up continuing.

Every time he's come close to the punt a few decent results have saved him and prolonged this pish.

Same, the last years been enough for me and if they don't do anything in the summer (even if we were to get promoted, the leagues shite and his management of the team the last years been fucking shambolic) I think it will really work against all the really good work the club have done off the park this season. Sick fed up of this, torture having to go to gayf this past year, know plenty that have already stopped while he's there and I know more that will give it a miss if he ends up continuing.

Every time he's come close to the punt a few decent results have saved him and prolonged this pish.

Right on !!!

Right on !!!

I don't care if we aren't winning every single week, if we were 8th and you could see progress or what he was trying to acheive it wouldn't be so bad, if we had an organised balanced squad I would even be relatively happy but were a total shambles and terrible to watch to boot.

Anyway.... I fancy us to get a win tomorrow, Shire are terrible. If we lose we will only be 5 ahead of them with them having a game in hand, big game, last thing we need right now is to be dragged into a bottom 3 scrap.

[Oh c'mon 1320, bottom 4, surely you have to count the Mo! Sorry for butting in but you against Shire is rather an important game I'm sure you agree./quote]

To me this season seems similar to Moore from last season, just that our patches of good form have been prolonged over the whole season rather than in the first half. A serious restructure is needed in the summer, starting with Lumsden leaving. The amount of loan players we have had over the past 2 seasons has been ridiculous and a majority of them have failed to better the team, with only Watson for me this season and perhaps Ramsay actually showing any real promise. There are some good players in the team but it will take a better manager and a different approach for us to have any real chance of fighting for promotion.

tomorrow?

Ok Tuesday,you've got to give him a bit of leeway his mind is a bit fu***d having to watch the dross we're serving up just now,as for Hester of course he's gonna look bad just now,he ain't now or never will be a target man but that's what he's being asked to do by Lumsden who for some reason can't see that,i wonder why...

Cast your mind back to pre-season (before the loan players came in) Arbroath were playing as a well balanced team,keeping the ball on the deck and passing like they knew each other,really good to watch,then when the season started Lumsden panicked and caved in and started bringing in loan players and some daft signings,he is just digging a bigger hole for himself and his sidekick

We need to get our tactics to suit the players playing. No point in punt a high ball up to players who are not going to win it. Tactics seem to have been non existent recently. I would play

Fleming

Wilson

Munro

Little

Lowden

Whatley

Stewart

Alvarez

Reid

Linn

Hester

Keep the loan players on the bench where they belong. Exploit our strengths by keeping the ball on the ground and get linn and hester in behind the defence.

Archived