Arbroath v The Shire

We need to get our tactics to suit the players playing. No point in punt a high ball up to players who are not going to win it. Tactics seem to have been non existent recently. I would play

Fleming

Wilson

Munro

Little

Lowden

Whatley

Stewart

Alvarez

Reid

Linn

Hester

Keep the loan players on the bench where they belong. Exploit our strengths by keeping the ball on the ground and get linn and hester in behind the defence.

That's a good line up and we need the established players to stand up and be counted. My only doubt would be Reid, but he actually played really well against the Shire, albeit when they were tiring.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to get our tactics to suit the players playing. No point in punt a high ball up to players who are not going to win it. Tactics seem to have been non existent recently. I would play

Fleming

Wilson

Munro

Little

Lowden

Whatley

Stewart

Alvarez

Reid

Linn

Hester

Keep the loan players on the bench where they belong. Exploit our strengths by keeping the ball on the ground and get linn and hester in behind the defence.

Good post and team selection in total agreement,if he plays this team(which I doubt,this is too clever for him)then I can see an easy win

All good regarding the game being on, we still have injury problems though... I hope that does not sadden you too much!Safe journey to all travelling to the game.

Hey chief, my tongue in cheek post was in reference to one poster who said in one post that the shire were rubbish, and we would post no threat. In his next post, he stated that it was just as well the game was postponed?!

If the game is on tonight, me and the wee fella will be there. I'm not overly confident about getting a result necessarily, but I am confident we will put in a better performance than the one we gave at Ochilview when you hammered us 4-0.

We have turned in far better performances of late, and the 4-0 game was widely recognised as our worst performance of the season..

Hey chief, my tongue in cheek post was in reference to one poster who said in one post that the shire were rubbish, and we would post no threat. In his next post, he stated that it was just as well the game was postponed?!

If the game is on tonight, me and the wee fella will be there. I'm not overly confident about getting a result necessarily, but I am confident we will put in a better performance than the one we gave at Ochilview when you hammered us 4-0.

We have turned in far better performances of late, and the 4-0 game was widely recognised as our worst performance of the season..

Sorry 'chief'.

Game will be on so safe travels through. Hopefully you go home unhappy but never know with us just now, wouldn't be surprised to see you get something.

Enjoy.

Ok, no problems, Shire got a superb result against a QP side who have beaten us 3 out of 3 this season, so we can't take anything for granted... I saw both the away games at the Shire, i fear you will be a far different prospect this time around. This has been a crazy league, with many results to match, anything can happen.

Were you not the boy that got thrown out last season for having a go at the travelling Lichtie support down at Ochilview?

One particular supporter was gesturing abuse at me and my ( at the time) 7 year old son. I went to confront him about it. I wasn't thrown out, the guy in question contacted the club to apologise. Ancient history, but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story...

Archived