Falkirk vs Dumbarton

We've had some good results at TFS over the last couple of seasons, so hopefully we can get another one here.

Falkirk have had a great last couple of results so this'll be a very tough game. They were by all accounts, fantastic against The Rangers and got their deserved win, so as said by others, we'll need to be at our best here.

With Livi playing St.Mirren, I'd certainly take a point here to keep our run going and maintain the gap between those below us.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your opinion of your new manager this season then rock people?

Overall it's been good.

He comes across really well and the players seem to play for him. I was speaking to one of the players who was full of praise for the training that Aitken and Farrell (our assistant) are conducting. We appear to have a good team spirit about us which is something I felt was lacking in previous seasons under Murray.

We went on a horrendous run after a blistering start to the season and I really did fear the worst but the turnaround the last few weeks has been highly pleasing. Credit to Stevie for that, I don't think our injury situation helped during the poor run.

I still feel that the team is imbalanced but he will have a chance to sort that with one or two additions in January. Overall his signings have been good with a few disappointments, most notably Steven Craig who really should've been a quality signing for us.

He's probably taken a bit of time adapting to this level as have a few of the players but things look to be moving in the right direction.

Just love it when folk look and think Dumbarton at home three points in the bag.

We are not doing so bad ourselves recently. Probably because I haven't been at the Rock but will return for cup game in the new year.

Delighted to hear of your return.

Big improvement from us at the same time as lindsay/routledge and barr/wright start playing together...coincidence? i think not. Deliberate? i think so.

Only issue for me is the players leaving the club in January either due to short loans or deals, if we can keep them or replace well we could be fine. Alternatively, a weaker squad through departures / suspensions or injuries could be costly.

Big improvement from us at the same time as lindsay/routledge and barr/wright start playing together...coincidence? i think not. Deliberate? i think so.

Only issue for me is the players leaving the club in January either due to short loans or deals, if we can keep them or replace well we could be fine. Alternatively, a weaker squad through departures / suspensions or injuries could be costly.

Another thing I was looking at the other day was the impact Kevin Cawley's had since his return. He's our leading assister this season ahead of Willie Gibson and Mark Docherty. I think we all underestimated just how much he was missed when he was injured after scoring against Livingston.

The Referee is our own Euan Anderson - not sure where he lives nowadays, but he did live in Dumbarton for a lot of his life.

Former understudy of mine when he was a Steward at the Rock (I taught him how to get free pies and Bovril off the Servery staff ;) ).

An all round decent bloke and a decent Ref,IMO.

Guaranteed home win then :(

If the Dumbarton defence play anywhere near like the game at the Rock a few month back, pick someone out from the South Stand and they would run riot

We should expect Dumbarton to "park the bus" out of respect. We will need to be at it to get the result

The Referee is our own Euan Anderson - not sure where he lives nowadays, but he did live in Dumbarton for a lot of his life.

Former understudy of mine when he was a Stweward at the Rock (I taught him how to get free pies and Bovril off the Servery staff ;) ).

An all round decent bloke and a decent Ref,IMO.

Guaranteed home win then :(

I believe Euan still lives in Dumbarton, unfortunately he doesn't support his local team :( (nor does he support either of the old firm).

Whenever I've seen him referee he's been decent.

I believe Euan still lives in Dumbarton, unfortunately he doesn't support his local team :( (nor does he support either of the old firm).

Whenever I've seen him referee he's been decent.

When I posted that he was one of our own, what I meant was that he's a local lad. I wasn't inferring he was a Sons fan although I suppose it looked that way a bit.

If the Dumbarton defence play anywhere near like the game at the Rock a few month back, pick someone out from the South Stand and they would run riot

Fair to say we've notably improved at the back since that gubbing. By my reckoning we've conceded 11 in the last 8 matches, not bad by our standards.

Archived