The Gallant Pioneers

Read the opening post mate, 'the original founding fathers' that would make Charlie around 170 years old now, I know he performed miracles at our club but that would take some doing eh!?

Ah the founding fathers of the original club.

Sorry mate I thought it was the pioneers of the new club, apologies for the mistake I'm not really too clued up on having to support new teams.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your club are 3 and bit years old. Charles Green is your founding father.

If you were meaning the guys who founded the club that died in 2012 you should have stated that more clearly

Zzzzzzzzzz !! It isn't my thread mate, they were the words used by the OP Glenconner.

Never really thought that about the origins of Rangers till K gave out about the start of Celtic.

So Moses McNeil and co get a team off the ground whilst all living down Anderston way.

Anderston being one of the biggest "Little Ireland's" in the world but Moses can't seem to find a Paddy or Seamus for a kick about.

Not as though Paddy or Seamus are Celts.

The Celtic story is 15 years away.

Thanks K, don't mind if i do a bit of research on this.

A long time ago I heard that all the bigotry carry-on started much later, in 1912 when Harland and Wolff came to Govan, bringing a large workforce and all these Ulstermen latched on to Rangers? The obvious flaw being that they would surely find a workforce here?

A long time ago I heard that all the bigotry carry-on started much later, in 1912 when Harland and Wolff came to Govan, bringing a large workforce and all these Ulstermen latched on to Rangers? The obvious flaw being that they would surely find a workforce here?

Think the Ulstermen in the shipyards story comes from Willie Maley of the Celtic, was possibly written in his book.

That would fit in very nicely with the "lets blame some other chunt" scenario.

Maley quotes 1912 making Rangers, give or take a couple of months, 40 years old.

I'd reckon by 1912 Rangers as a club and as a support are firmly established, anybody arriving from Belfast had already heard of the Glasgow Rangers.

Considering the major political issue in 1912 is Irish Home Rule it wouldn't be surprising things got a bit heated.

See Scottish Referendum a 102 years later for folks getting a little upset.

The only team that has a serious missing support from 1912 is Queens Park.

And it wouldn't take a genuis to figure out where the spiders bowler hatted support effed off to.

Think the Ulstermen in the shipyards story comes from Willie Maley of the Celtic, was possibly written in his book.

That would fit in very nicely with the "lets blame some other chunt" scenario.

Maley quotes 1912 making Rangers, give or take a couple of months, 40 years old.

I'd reckon by 1912 Rangers as a club and as a support are firmly established, anybody arriving from Belfast had already heard of the Glasgow Rangers.

Considering the major political issue in 1912 is Irish Home Rule it wouldn't be surprising things got a bit heated.

See Scottish Referendum a 102 years later for folks getting a little upset.

The only team that has a serious missing support from 1912 is Queens Park.

And it wouldn't take a genuis to figure out where the spiders bowler hatted support effed off to.

They were always a Protestant club.....Vice Chairman of Rangers in the 60s being asked about the Clubs sectarian policy...

part of our tradition....we were formed in 1873 as a Protestant boys club. To change now would lose us considerable support.

As for 1912 ...was also the year John Ure Primrose became president of Rangers.

Primrose was an outspoken anti-Catholic and publicly pledged Rangers to the Masonic cause. His predecessor, James Henderson, had been respected in the Catholic communities, but Primrose became an active West of Scotland Unionist, publicly voicing anti-Catholic sentiments. He recognised that a rivalry with Celtic would bring financial returns and through clearer religious lines, that rivalry could be sharpened and all this could be done under significant moral justification.

The Gallant Racists.

They were always a Protestant club.....Vice Chairman of Rangers in the 60s being asked about the Clubs sectarian policy...

part of our tradition....we were formed in 1873 as a Protestant boys club. To change now would lose us considerable support.

As for 1912 ...was also the year John Ure Primrose became president of Rangers.

Primrose was an outspoken anti-Catholic and publicly pledged Rangers to the Masonic cause. His predecessor, James Henderson, had been respected in the Catholic communities, but Primrose became an active West of Scotland Unionist, publicly voicing anti-Catholic sentiments. He recognised that a rivalry with Celtic would bring financial returns and through clearer religious lines, that rivalry could be sharpened and all this could be done under significant moral justification.

The Gallant Racists.

Okay i'll bite.

What exactly is the Masonic cause?

None of us Ben, it has absolutely nothing to do with following Rangers! The haters will cling on to it forever though!

Magee and kingy seem to be fixated with religion here, no idea why it's so important to them.

Do you have ANY catholic friends though?

You have been asked about five times now, not a difficult question to answer surely?

Why do you care what religion his mates are?

I dont actually but have noticed he keeps swerving the question so I'm continuing the shit stirring :P

Seeing as you don't care you won't be too upset if you don't get an answer #not caring.

• 1 month later...

Archived