Queen of the South versus Greenock Morton.................

Was Palmerston playable on Boxing Day? There was a general weather warning for D&G that day.

Always remember years ago that the road into Dumfries from the M74 would pass a football park that seemed to be permanently submerged.

Weather was fine on Saturday.

It would have to be pretty horrendous, to get a match on our pitch called off.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weather was fine on Saturday.It would have to be pretty horrendous, to get a match on our pitch called off.

Lets not kid ourselves. The weather wasnt remotely "fine" on Saturday MT. I have no doubt the game would have been on thanks to the 3G pitch (probably not if we still had grass) but it was a horrible day and poured all afternoon. I drove to Annan for their game and considered turning back home due to the flooding on the road, which was far worse than today in terms of the A75 to Annan. I imagine other roads were pretty poor also.

Lets not kid ourselves. The weather wasnt remotely "fine" on Saturday MT. I have no doubt the game would have been on thanks to the 3G pitch (probably not if we still had grass) but it was a horrible day and poured all afternoon. I drove to Annan for their game and considered turning back home due to the flooding on the road, which was far worse than today in terms of the A75 to Annan. I imagine other roads were pretty poor also.

Was it bad? I genuinely thought it was alright, but I was indoors most of the day - and perhaps a little gently pickled. I seem to recall some rain when getting home in the evening, right enough.

As you say though, the game would definitely have gone ahead and even if the weather had been more severe, it wouldn't have justified that preposterous decision to shift the match.

Archived