Queen of the South versus Greenock Morton.................

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why did Queens and Morton decide to move the game from Boxing Day to the international weekend in October ?

What makes them any different from any other teams in the UK who's playing during the festive season ?

Staff needed another piss up and a lie in.

1-0 Queens - Derek Lyle (14 mins), free header from six yards after poor defending from Morton. Away fans raging after the superb John McKendrick turns away a stone wall penalty when McCluskey is pulled down in the box.

Att 1,583.

Perhaps Queens and Morton were just being a bit forward thinking. If some of the proposed changes being discussed go through then we may have to get used to a mid-winter break and for a longer period than two weeks perhaps.

I'm not sure how frequent something has to be for it to be considered "tradition", but we haven't had a home game on Boxing Day since the visit of Stranraer in 2012. The OS only goes as far back as 2008/09 but that is the only instance I can find.

Looks to me like this year we are actually following tradition by not having a home game on Boxing Day.

You had a home fixture against us on Boxing Day 2001. Unfortunately it was postponed just shortly after we left the pub in Dumfries - guess the first inspection was done by some passer by before the real referee arrived.

The rearranged game - I got in for nowt and saw 11 goals.

You had a home fixture against us on Boxing Day 2001. Unfortunately it was postponed just shortly after we left the pub in Dumfries - guess the first inspection was done by some passer by before the real referee arrived.

The rearranged game - I got in for nowt and saw 11 goals.

Always a pleasure to revisit that bizarre night. Scheduled kick off 19.45, first goal scored in advance of that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdBWIOcDzG0

Migawd, I'd almost forgotten about that game - nice to see the highlights, amazing stuff.

And I'm fairly sure that it's Arthur Montford you can see beside Douglas Rae jumping up to celebrate our first half goals. Sadly missed, Arthur, a real gent.

Going to be a very tough game for Queens

Morton are in good form

Hopefully we can play like we did against (Insert team we won to) but if we play like we did against (team that we lost to) we'll lose

Will be a poor attendance as the game happened in October

Expect there will be a few changes after last week's performace.

Think I've got the standard opening post template sorted lads.

1-0 Queens - Derek Lyle (14 mins), free header from six yards after poor defending from Morton. Away fans raging after the superb John McKendrick turns away a stone wall penalty when McCluskey is pulled down in the box.

Att 1,583.

That the official attendance or the fabricated one ? ;)

Migawd, I'd almost forgotten about that game - nice to see the highlights, amazing stuff.

And I'm fairly sure that it's Arthur Montford you can see beside Douglas Rae jumping up to celebrate our first half goals. Sadly missed, Arthur, a real gent.

I wondered if it might be him. As you say a real gent. Great man.

Archived