meadow looking for new manager

meadow30

Congrats to EVERYONE who told us this was going to happen.

Just goes to prove we are so lucky to have so many people who

know Junior Football inside out .

But keep in mind, this was 4th/5th choice as Medda couldn't get who they

wanted over the line. It's better to believe this so that those in the know can

keep on telling us what's going to happen next..

So can you or someone else confirm otherwise? Was this the 1st choice? We heard there were so many applicants from all sorts of levels, just wondering?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't matter if he was 1 st or 100 th,,,, the job is his,, he's a very good manager,,,done excellent, with roch, n blantyre,,,also, can spot a good player,,,so just wish davie good luck,,instead of talking pish,,he wasn't first choice,,it's like Ronnie delia n Mark Warburton,,,both applyed for jobs,, n got it,, n every one said only got it cos cotter turned it down, ,,,cheers cotter ,,,,,,

Nae disrespect but Roch and Blantyre are not the Meadow...look at Rankin ..if Medda go down he will be expected to get promoted first time. Great job to get but even Willie Knox failed there.

For me, everyone has to be sensible about the situation. Meadow look favourites to go down right now so that should be the expectation. Of course the hope will be for them that Mr Greig can turn it around but he won't have failed if they get relegated. The real test for him will/should be, as Clash says, how they cope in the First.

He is also inheriting someone else's team so until he brings in his own players then he shouldn't be judged too harshly. The current crop of players have got the team in this mess so he needs to bring in his own choices in order to be completely accountable. I'm interested to see who he brings in. I have read on here about Carlo Walker at Maybole taking former ADL players with him to a Super League club and it hasn't worked out. Mr Greig has first hand working knowledge of lower league players. Unless they are exceptional, I think he will have to set his sights higher.

Whatever he does, he has to be encouraged rather than the appointment having holes picked in it before the ink is dry on the contract.

Doesn't matter if he was 1 st or 100 th,,,, the job is his,, he's a very good manager,,,done excellent, with roch, n blantyre,,,also, can spot a good player,,,so just wish davie good luck,,instead of talking pish,,he wasn't first choice,,it's like Ronnie delia n Mark Warburton,,,both applyed for jobs,, n got it,, n every one said only got it cos cotter turned it down, ,,,cheers cotter ,,,,,,

Maybe that's the difference between managers & supporters.

The supporters want the best man for the job ie the clubs 1st choice where as the managers know how the system works a bit better & understand that clubs ain't always gonna get their 1st or even 2nd or 3rd choice

Obviously I don't know Davie personally but he has done good things at a lower level than Medda

Is he the man to turn them round?

I suppose only time will tell

This is quite mind blowing to be honest, id heard this and that all of which were wrong apart from the one certian that came from someone involved in the process. As a wise man told during the run up to the appointement npot to beileive everything I read or hear and he was bang on as he and id guess a few others in the game did, who was in with a chance and who wasnt even in the running, I am usually well up to date with my own club but I hadnt even heard of two appointements until they were made.

I also heard for sure that Ward wasnt involved in the process but thats irrelevant as Davie got the job and its dissrespectful to say he wasnt first choice, also quoted was the fact he hadnt managed at the top level in junior football, well neither have the two others mentioned, McLuckie or Ward as far as im aware irrespective of what they have done in the game.

All the best to davie who is a crackin if totally unbalanced and mental guy, I can honestly say that hes also one of the most passionate and friendliest people ive had the pleasure of meeting through football and I wish him every success, well to be as successful as finishing a place behind Arthurlie anyway ;)

Fair play to Meadow for the appointment, the guy last season had an amazing record. Good to see a chance been taken (and everyone getting it wrong on this thread - plenty of back tracking now I see)

Nugent- interesting that you say you are happy for Lie to finish one place above Meadow, that could easily be 11th place.

Fair play to Meadow for the appointment, the guy last season had an amazing record. Good to see a chance been taken (and everyone getting it wrong on this thread - plenty of back tracking now I see)

Nugent- interesting that you say you are happy for Lie to finish one place above Meadow, that could easily be 11th place.

Good spot SP but you know what I mean! Lots of twists and turns to come this season at both ends of the table I'm sure.

Go through management in premier,, ,,Arthurlie,,,,downsy,,no experience, in premier,,only managed 2 years,,

Beith,,Johnny Miller,good experience,,

Hurlford,,Darren Henderson,,,,,,good experience

Glenafton,,,,southy,,not much experience managing,,,

Rob roy,,,maxi,,not much experience

Kilbirnie,,,,swifty,,,,not much experience,,,,,,,

Talbot,,,Tucker,the best there is,,,,,,,,,,

Troon, don't really know manager,, but he's just took over,,,,,

Pollok,Tony Mcinally,good experience, done well,,

Shettelston,,shuffle Kelly,good experience,,but first time in super prem,,,,,petershill ,wee wullie got good experience,,,,then there's, medda,,,with wee davy,,,whose won, more than most of these managers,,,n has over 10 years experience managing,,so how can u put a lot of rubbish on n say, he's never managed at this level,,,only, 4 managers out of 12 have managed over 4 years in this league,,n Tony, maxi, Johnny,,all been relegated,,so your argument about experience is a lot of shite,,,,,,cheers cotter

Go through management in premier,, ,,Arthurlie,,,,downsy,,no experience, in premier,,only managed 2 years,,

Shettelston,,shuffle Kelly,good experience,,but first time in super prem,,,,,petershill ,wee wullie got good experience,,,,then there's, medda,,,with wee davy,,,whose won, more than most of these managers,,,n has over 10 years experience managing,,so how can u put a lot of rubbish on n say, he's never managed at this level,,,only, 4 managers out of 12 have managed over 4 years in this league,,n Tony, maxi, Johnny,,all been relegated,,so your argument about experience is a lot of shite,,,,,,cheers cotter

^^^^^

Desperate for a Premier League club. :P

Meadow don't hope to win trophies... they expect to win trophies.

Its a tough gig

Rankin was close to the super league and close to the first Scottish in 40 years

Think Rankin might consider it a tough gig

Good post cotter...does show that not all super league managers have lots of experience... though most have tons of experience as players at the top level.

:lol:

Peter why would I want a super league club,,,,,,a don't get it ,,,I have never applied,,for any other job,,but if I was spending between, 70,000_100.000 a year, a would be expecting to win everything,,,,ps if I wanted a job at super premier, a would have taken, 1,,,, but a don't,,,

Archived