Linlithgow v Forfar

FuzzyBear

Hearts%20Vladimir%20Romanov.jpg

Same. At 3-1 down and 10 men on the park I thought it could be embarrassing by the end, but what a fightback. Don't think I've ever seen Prestonfield like today when our third went in!

Every player was brilliant but thought Tommy, Ruari and Shirra especially were outstanding. What a third from Weir as as well. Great to see Spade getting on the pitch too, I think he and Tommy are probably the only players left from when I first started watching the Rose regularly.

The game was certainly refereed poorly though. Far too card happy, and I didn't see the third Forfar goal but the academy end lino missed 1 blatant and 1 marginal handball in the second half.

Everyone associated with the club can raise their heads high as the first junior team to get as far as the fifth round draw, it's a fantastic achievement not just for Linlithgow Rose but for the entire junior game. Also what an attendance. Crowds like today are brilliant for the entire town - it's a great feeling to walk around the ground and every second step have to stop to acknowledge or say hello to someone you went to school with, or know from around the town.

Well said my friend. A great day and a good performance by your team.I dont get my fellow Loons negativity about today.Quite happy to host a replay and hopefully progress but these cup days are the heart and soul of the game.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically a cracking Scottish Cup tie and I hope the highlights do it justice!

A day for rolling the sleeves up and getting stuck in to try and avoid the Scottish Cup shock result headlines on the sports pages. (Thanks Hamilton)

Linlithgow had the best of the first half although chances were being created by both teams. Forfar players happy to go in at 1-1 I would think. Daft 3 minutes with 3 bookings at the end of the half got the crowd and Rose players even more fired up.

Second half looked like the "big" team would walk it but Rose had a sniff and did really well with the quick fire double. After that, the game could have gone either way.

Smashing ground, good humoured crowd behind the home dugout where I was completely outnumbered after dumping my wife and daughter in the stand and I'm really looking forward to the replay.

In addition to the red carded player, is there another Rose player going to be missing? The Rose bench were checking with someone in the stand after one of their players got booked.

Wouldn't say we had any real stand out performers today. Scott Martin worked his socks off again and to step into the midfield debate that's going on, I thought Foxy did v little (again) and felt Hodge got worse as the game went on. (His pass out to the left wing was ridiculous). Some very good deliveries from Yano but his soft fall that led to the breakaway second was disappointing. Likewise Danny's attempt to tackle Coyne out on the wing at their first was poor and the way the team fell apart at goals 2 and 3 was basically a snapshot our season.

Travis continues to play when injured and why is it that every centre forward we play against this season can out muscle our defenders while at the same time, our centre forwards struggle to hold the ball up at the other end?

Basically a cracking Scottish Cup tie and I hope the highlights do it justice!

A day for rolling the sleeves up and getting stuck in to try and avoid the Scottish Cup shock result headlines on the sports pages. (Thanks Hamilton)

Linlithgow had the best of the first half although chances were being created by both teams. Forfar players happy to go in at 1-1 I would think. Daft 3 minutes with 3 bookings at the end of the half got the crowd and Rose players even more fired up.

Second half looked like the "big" team would walk it but Rose had a sniff and did really well with the quick fire double. After that, the game could have gone either way.

Smashing ground, good humoured crowd behind the home dugout where I was completely outnumbered after dumping my wife and daughter in the stand and I'm really looking forward to the replay.

In addition to the red carded player, is there another Rose player going to be missing? The Rose bench were checking with someone in the stand after one of their players got booked.

Wouldn't say we had any real stand out performers today. Scott Martin worked his socks off again and to step into the midfield debate that's going on, I thought Foxy did v little (again) and felt Hodge got worse as the game went on. (His pass out to the left wing was ridiculous). Some very good deliveries from Yano but his soft fall that led to the breakaway second was disappointing. Likewise Danny's attempt to tackle Coyne out on the wing at their first was poor and the way the team fell apart at goals 2 and 3 was basically a snapshot our season.

Travis continues to play when injured and why is it that every centre forward we play against this season can out muscle our defenders while at the same time, our centre forwards struggle to hold the ball up at the other end?

Spot on

Rose number 9 was very good .

That was his first start for us after signing from Sauchie. We've got another one with at least that level of ability on the bench. They're a wee bit different and this was horses for courses I think.

That was his first start for us after signing from Sauchie. We've got another one with at least that level of ability on the bench. They're a wee bit different and this was horses for courses I think.

I liked his workrate and his mobility. Was all over the front line when you were down to 10 men.

Rose number 9 was very good .

Was furious to see him start before Strickland as he would start every game for me - but have to say my first view impression of Kelly was very favourable and he gave us a different dimension to our play and thought he was superb throughout.

My 2p worth . Thought we played fantastic today.

Started the first half really well for ten mins then Forfar pinned us in for the next twenty, thought their goal was coming and they got it. From the kick off we were all over them, scored, hit the bar and had one off the line.

Second half Forfar started strong, no complaints about the penalty or red. The third looked offside but a good finish.

Then (Auld Heid you seen a different game to me!) McGlynn took off a FB to play three natural cbs with experience and let jamie drive forward (scored the second in the no 10 position) and then we got another. That 15 min period we were to a man superb - attitude, grit and good finishing! Top class lads!

From then in I thought if anyone was going to hit a winner it was going to be a set piece from the Loons. After the equaliser back to four at the back - tactically bang on.

Always difficult to beat a senior team once they've had a look at you but we'll give it a go. Astro will suit them more than us.

Hail the Gallant! Proud regardless of the next result. Now back to bread and butter and another huge game!

Excellent social club , excellent fans behind the goal , in the second half , actually a very good day , except our performance which again was really poor

Hopefully the fan behind the dugout who was unwell , (collapsed) is ok

Well done rose excellent hosts

Excellent social club , excellent fans behind the goal , in the second half , actually a very good day , except our performance which again was really poor

Hopefully the fan behind the dugout who was unwell , (collapsed) is ok

Well done rose excellent hosts

At the risk of a wee love in developing, I sat behind your club officials in the stand and whilst the result was a disappointment they were first class and sporting to a fault - which wasn't necessarily what was going on round about them where hearts were on sleeves. I'd struggle not to bite if I heard folk calling my club a pub team so fair play to them.

At the risk of a wee love in developing, I sat behind your club officials in the stand and whilst the result was a disappointment they were first class and sporting to a fault - which wasn't necessarily what was going on round about them where hearts were on sleeves. I'd struggle not to bite if I heard folk calling my club a pub team so fair play to them.

Hard to argue with the truth though. Pub team is about accurate

Hard to argue with the truth though. Pub team is about accurate

Nah. But unless there is a huge step up I can't see how League 1 is realistic next season. When I looked at your squad I thought you had a decent first 11 but there are a lot of young boys in there and I'm not sure how often you are replacing experience with experience when any of that best 11 gets injured or loses form. You could do with some hardy boys down the spine but Swankie looks like he's got goals in him.

Nah. But unless there is a huge step up I can't see how League 1 is realistic next season. When I looked at your squad I thought you had a decent first 11 but there are a lot of young boys in there and I'm not sure how often you are replacing experience with experience when any of that best 11 gets injured or loses form. You could do with some hardy boys down the spine but Swankie looks like he's got goals in him.

Swankie and goals in the same sentence

He's a talented guy but lazy as f**k , most frustrating player ever

Swankie and goals in the same sentence

He's a talented guy but lazy as f**k , most frustrating player ever

He's not lazy, just very laid back, personality like that too. It's what's stopped him from playing at a higher level for longer, great ability.

Archived