Berwick v Annan

I've not seen Berwick win since 3rd October. Since then we've had 7 straight defeats, some gruesome displays, predictions of Armageddon, a new manager, and now.... 2 away wins. For 5, Against 0! Bewildering, Barking and bonkers.

So, another huge game for Berwick, to open the New Year.

Just a blip, or a genuine revival? Weatherson suspended for a (slightly) faltering Annan? Much needed comfort result for BRFC Directors ahead of a stormy, sharpened-daggers, AGM on 7 Jan?

Anyone who can predict the score on this one should send their CV to Ladbrokes.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great result saturday,boys look a lot more discipined and playing with more confidence,cant see any changes from the 2nd half against QP (stevenson for

coultress) expect another win :)) play offs not unexpected if couple of good Jan signings,not a lot of differance between all teams in this league all down to confidence and organisation which seems to be growing game by game,home win for me and after tipping away win on saturday CV is in the post to Ladbrokes

Looking forward to this. After a poor first half on Saturday, where containment looked like the order of the day, we stepped it up in the second half and the introduction of Dylan Stevenson gave us some real drive in the middle of the park. His break and lay-off for the winner was superb.

Alan Walker of East Fife trialled v Newcastle U-21s last night, so it looks as if Coff is working hard to bring in new faces, though you have to hope they're a significant improvement on the players they're replacing. Heard that Russell had been offered a release but decided to stay and fight for his place. Slowly but surely though, the manager is remodelling the squad beqeathed to him by Cameron. Crane and Stevenson are definite improvements. I just hope their loans can be extended until the end of the season.

About time we got a result against Annan, and with their form slipping and Weatherson out, this is the chance.

Fairbairn and, it seems, Finn Graham out for Saturday. Only realistic centre-half option is Notman, so that would knock a big double hole in our midfield.

Finn Graham should be given a severe slap for getting a straight red in a friendly for swearing at the ref.

Looking forward to this. After a poor first half on Saturday, where containment looked like the order of the day, we stepped it up in the second half and the introduction of Dylan Stevenson gave us some real drive in the middle of the park. His break and lay-off for the winner was superb.

Alan Walker of East Fife trialled v Newcastle U-21s last night, so it looks as if Coff is working hard to bring in new faces, though you have to hope they're a significant improvement on the players they're replacing. Heard that Russell had been offered a release but decided to stay and fight for his place. Slowly but surely though, the manager is remodelling the squad beqeathed to him by Cameron. Crane and Stevenson are definite improvements. I just hope their loans can be extended until the end of the season.

About time we got a result against Annan, and with their form slipping and Weatherson out, this is the chance.

Just heard that Weatherson will be available for Saturday's game. Annan have an appeal in about the red card on Saturday. Appeal not being held till next week Good news for Annan.

Stevenson has been on the fringes of the Morton first team and whether his loan is extended depends on what happens:

1) With injuries. At present we only have three natural central midfielders + two ex centre backs who play the holding role. Of the three, Tidser and McKee are both a bit injury prone this season so Duffy might think Stevenson is needed for cover.

2) What happens in the window i.e. whether we sign a midfielder in addition to a striker.

I was a bit surprised to see Stevenson start both games so far on the bench, without knowing who else Berwick have. My own view is that he should have the potential to be a very good league 2 midfielder.

Im sure we have the option on an extension. He'll probably start next game but Coughlin's decision not to start him at Shire was vindicated - he wont drop Notman as one of our only leaders and Graham's brace solidified his place in central midfield. Can't drop either after they play well in a 4-0 win and again we won 1-0 so justifiable. Finn's stupidity mixed with Stevenson's impact last week has given him the perfect opportunity now.

Understand itd have looked odd to you but id also argue it was odd to sign an inexperienced CM ahead of a CB etc. Still, he looks a decent asset and provided the extension clause does exist I wouldnt be surprised to see us get him longer.

Arrived at the ground to find it off; annoying, given the wasted drive and that I could have gone to Gala-Selkirk, but sorry for the Annan fans who came all that way only for it to be called off.

Rather disappointing on the communication front. Nothing on the official website until about 3pm and BBC Sportsound was still reporting it as being on at 3:10pm - claiming it was underway - although the BBC website was updated about 2:50pm.

I hope the game on Tuesday night didn't contribute to the pitch becoming "too dangerous to play on", given it was a wretched game and a low crowd.

Archived