First Footing in Fife- Dunfermline Athletic vs Cowdenbeath 2nd Jan

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see the point in slagging the townies for only the goalie being a homegrown player in Saturday's team. They have to win the league and will do whatever it takes.

Personally, I love it that our keeper Sneddon, Brett, Adamson, Milne, Miller, Callaghan, and Johnston are all regulars for us. It's what we have been about for several years now and gives us identity. As a fan it's great rather than ever changing mercenaries and I wouldn't be as enthusiastic if we didn't have a good core of youth products. Was a real shame tam obrien and robbo left in the summer aswell. Would love them to come back.

Don't see the point in slagging the townies for only the goalie being a homegrown player in Saturday's team. They have to win the league and will do whatever it takes.

Personally, I love it that our keeper Sneddon, Brett, Adamson, Milne, Miller, Callaghan, and Johnston .

Given half them were signed from other clubs at what point does a player stop being home grown?

And here we see the total lack of ambition shown by the pub team. Giving up what would be an utterly incredible feeling and party of winning the title and the potential opportunity to get it right up ourselves and/or Rovers by tightening the sphincter at the thumpings the following season.

Know your place!

And here we see the total lack of ambition shown by the pub team. Giving up what would be an utterly incredible feeling and party of winning the title and the potential opportunity to get it right up ourselves and/or Rovers by tightening the sphincter at the thumpings the following season.

Know your place!

We do know our place, unlike some.....

They come from the youth team into first team.

Kenny Adamson didn't he was signed from Livi and went straight into our first team.

Miller joined us when he was 12, Callaghan and Johnston both joined us when they were 10 (although CJ went to the Pars then East Fife youths for a spell), Brett was signed when he was 13 and Sneddon was signed from Hearts at the start of last season.

So I would class 4 out of the 6 that Al mentioned as Cowden youth products although Sneddon did play in our under 20 side last season but was at Hearts for a good few seasons.

Still good to see guys like Liam, Kyle, Deano and CJ in the squad after coming to us as bairns.

so how does faissal not count?

What about Rooney, an u20 player who started off playing u20 games? Can he count?

Rooney played for Queen's Park 1st team so you can't count him as a someone who came through your youth, likewise Kenny Adamson had played for Livingston's 1st team and can't be counted as coming through our youth as I mentioned above.

Faissal is a strange one to decide on having never played for an 11 a side team before the Pars think I would have to say Dunfermline developed him.

Kenny Adamson didn't he was signed from Livi and went straight into our first team.

Miller joined us when he was 12, Callaghan and Johnston both joined us when they were 10 (although CJ went to the Pars then East Fife youths for a spell), Brett was signed when he was 13 and Sneddon was signed from Hearts at the start of last season.

So I would class 4 out of the 6 that Al mentioned as Cowden youth products although Sneddon did play in our under 20 side last season but was at Hearts for a good few seasons.

Still good to see guys like Liam, Kyle, Deano and CJ in the squad after coming to us as bairns.

Didn't Lewis Milne join us as a youth after being released by the pars (i think)

Cowden have always been good for bringing through youth iirc (well, at least in recent memory), this has been largely helped by our former policy of releasing fantastic young footballers because "they're too wee" :thumbsdown

Archived