First Footing in Fife- Dunfermline Athletic vs Cowdenbeath 2nd Jan

I think it's fair to say that Cowden outperformed us in midfield in the game at Central Park. I don't know if this was down to formation mismatch, the pitch or Murdoch and Brett?

Certainly have noticed something about Brett but he isn't in the same class as Jordan McMillan so this makes him a sub standard championship player. I always thought Wedderburn looked solid but was surprised when he joined ICT. Somehow Cowden do always seem to unearth gems over the years so it wouldn't surprise me if another couple made it to the SPL. One or two gems aren't any good if you have to sell them though. Cowden will never progress until they can build a team and if there's no backing then there's no chance of that ever happening.

I think I would swap BRE in for Kerr, Brett for Rooney and Spence for MAC. Other than that every single pars player is better than their counterparts. Murdoch, need to see more of him. Would swap for Bryne but doubt he's anywhere near as good as Josh or Geggan.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's bizarre that according to Ayr fans only Murdoch would get a game in the Ayr side and now we have Cowdenbeath fans saying that at least four of their players would walk into our side. Makes you wonder how on earth we managed to open up a 9 point gap.

Not sure which Ayr fans. Murdoch, Mcausland, Cardle and one of Moffat or Faisal would get into our fully fit starting side.

And I believe three Cowden players would get into our first choice side (Kerr, Spence and Murdoch)

Edited to add I would probably take BRE from Dunfermline too tbh.

Now he's fit, Kerr is a better option than the big Richerds Everton. He is over rated due to his size.

He's a poor defender, I agree with you. Fordyce and McAusland are excellent though and seem to get him out of trouble. As soon as McAusland went off you could see the difference. Any fast quick or intelligent striker will cause BRE problems. He's good a handling big cart horses in this league so doesn't get exposed every week. Big fit cool looking guy, he must be good. Nope, he's a bit shit.

Now he's fit, Kerr is a better option than the big Richerds Everton. He is over rated due to his size.

Size counts for allot in this league.

I'm neither here nor there with BRE, his reading of the game and his decision making are definitely suspect but he's an O.K top half league one player, we do have the best defense in the league and he's played the vast majority of games.

He does win the vast majority of long balls and he's got good athleticism which means he can get back and recover from mistakes fairly well, he also had a brilliant game against Dundee in the cup, I'd have him over any centre back at Ayr for example. Sometimes his size counts against him, he often looks a bit "lanky" and any mistake he does make sticks in the mind because he's so recognisable.

I probably would take a fit Fraser Kerr over him but then I'd take a fit Callum Fordyce over Kerr.

A fully fit Fordyce is easily the best centre back in the league. Same goes for Ryan Williamson at right back. What a bast@rd that they're both out with serious injuries, but tells you everything about the other lads we've got because we still have the best defensive record in the league.

Yes - Colin Nish inherited a club in a state of major transition after a number of years where we had a settled core. He has had to completely remould the team and rebuild plus restore morale. Cowden fans were asked to show some patience and most have albeit a few were soon wanting him out. I think anyone who has been watching us recently would be impressed with both our play and the team spirit. Yes we still have flaws but we are of course working with a budget miles behind that of Dunfermline. Dunfermline did want Greig Spence but Colin Nish persuaded him to sign for Cowden and so it isn't always about money. We had a very tough game v Ayr on Tuesday and then when I turned up at EEP on Saturday to find that Murdoch was injured and Brett out that was a huge blow - key players for Cowden both good enough to take a place in the Dunfermline first team. So to run Dunfermljne so close in those circumstances and to see the genuine team spirit of the side made me proud.

:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

I think this year will be very good for me as a supporter.

BTW, I watched the highlight just now. It seems really good game except the ref really f***ing b****** and the fat linesman. I wish I was there to kick their f***ing ass****s. I am very sorry about my language as I am just annoyed.

BTW, I watched the highlight just now. It seems really good game except the ref really f***ing b****** and the fat linesman. I wish I was there to kick their f***ing ass****s. I am very sorry about my language as I am just annoyed.

Breathe Rie, deep breaths.

A fully fit Fordyce is easily the best centre back in the league. Same goes for Ryan Williamson at right back. What a bast@rd that they're both out with serious injuries, but tells you everything about the other lads we've got because we still have the best defensive record in the league.

Yet it's everyone else complaining about injuries. Guess it's lucky we have millions to spare and were always going to win the league at a canter.

It's bizarre that according to Ayr fans only Murdoch would get a game in the Ayr side and now we have Cowdenbeath fans saying that at least four of their players would walk into our side. Makes you wonder how on earth we managed to open up a 9 point gap.

Biased refs.

Smoke meh babeh

This thread can never end. Phenomenal viewing.
Without knowing the score, you'd think the Pars had scored at least ten. It was squeaky bum time for much of the home support for a lot of the game and it wasn't the away support who were shouting for the final whistle.The pub team with their inferior players almost pulled off the shock of the century.

Archived