First Footing in Fife- Dunfermline Athletic vs Cowdenbeath 2nd Jan

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Nish not sent to the stand for anything he said but for encroaching on to the playing surface.

Never see managers on the pitch right enough. !!! Says a lot about the referees mindset yesterday

Even Johnston said it was harsh and a warning was all that was needed.

He ran about 10 yards into the pitch, jumping and screaming abuse at the ref. Then, when walking off, was repeatedly shouting abuse at the linesman. There can be no complaints about that sending off. Pathetic for a manager to have such a hissy fit.

He ran about 10 yards into the pitch, jumping and screaming abuse at the ref. Then, when walking off, was repeatedly shouting abuse at the linesman. There can be no complaints about that sending off. Pathetic for a manager to have such a hissy fit.

Your manager thinks it was harsh !

I don't see how its pathetic.

I'd be fecking raging if I was made to sit in amongst the Dunfermline fans as well.

Well done nishy. AJ gets away with slagging refs every time there is a tackle on one of his players. Just read back some of his previous match comments and would make a good defence for Nish if the SFA come after him.

If you google Barry Cook, you will see there is history between him and Nish. Not the first time he has sent him him off in controversial circumstances. Maybe explains today's performance.

I will have a check about the ref when I go back to Scotland and think how I should revenge against him. I have written to SFA about a ref before, but no reply. I believe SFA is quite useless but I may enquire one of my students as his friend is working for SFA.

Proper managers caring about their own clubs do the same. In the world, there are far too many managers can be bothered doing anything...

it certainly was for going on the pitch the linesman gestured as such, but it wasn't like he only just crossed the line, he was 10 yards onto the pitch with half the bench following him, that can't be allowed to happen without some punishment imo.

A quiet word of warning is surely common sense for encroaching into the pitch. It's good to see some passion.

As suspected, the striker is never getting on the end of the cross.

Couldn't wait to go down sadly kenny got too close to give him the opportunity.

No need for that by Kenny. The ball was comfortably going over both of them. Wasn't even subtle. The way the ref had been carrying on he was always going to give it even though the boy was already on his way down before Kenny gave him a shove.

A quiet word of warning is surely common sense for encroaching into the pitch. It's good to see some passion.

Those levels of abuse though? Nope.

Word on the street is that Nish did call the ref a cheat in the tunnel, silly.

No need for that by Kenny. The ball was comfortably going over both of them. Wasn't even subtle. The way the ref had been carrying on he was always going to give it even though the boy was already on his way down before Kenny gave him a shove.

Really? Are you that biased that you think it's not a penalty? Your comments certainly suggest that this was another case of poor refereeing. If that's the case, then you're showing a clear lack of knowledge of the rules! A two-handed shove, like that, is a foul. Regardless of whether the player is likely to win the ball or not, that's one of the clearest penalties you will ever see. Foolish from the defender.

Really? Are you that biased that you think it's not a penalty? Your comments certainly suggest that this was another case of poor refereeing. If that's the case, then you're showing a clear lack of knowledge of the rules! A two-handed shove, like that, is a foul. Regardless of whether the player is likely to win the ball or not, that's one of the clearest penalties you will ever see. Foolish from the defender.

CowdenConvert clearly thinks it's a penalty, he is suggesting something entirely different.

Where did i say it wasn't a penalty? It was and should have been given even though he was already on his way down and was never getting the ball. Some refs don't give them though even though they should.

Archived