First Footing in Fife- Dunfermline Athletic vs Cowdenbeath 2nd Jan

Colin Nish's interview truly is a belter :lol:

"You come here and set up a team to play against Dunfermline and it turns you're not just playing Dunfermline"

"We had two stonewall penalties in the first half, one of them was the clearest penalty in my life and he doesn't do it, he doesn't give it, obviously cause there's a big crowd here in favour of Dunfermline, then in the second half he gives them a very soft one"

"Its hard enough coming to play against the league leaders without that on your back as well"

"It wouldn't make a difference, the boy could have picked it up and he wouldn't have gave a penalty for us"

Hopefully the SFA see to this as he's clearly bringing the game into disrepute by questioning the integrity of the referee which is just not acceptable.

You have to wonder what Nish is thinking, very unwise comments from him considering his misconduct resulted in him being sent to the stand. A deserved ban may be forthcoming IMO

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that he's doing it to stick up for his players, create a siege mentality and all that good stuff. You had an Ayr fan thinking AJ was mental for supporting Cardle in the press. There can be a method in the madness, this might just be pure madness though.

You have to draw a line though, the stuff he is saying just makes him sound incredibly seething, he could get a fine and a ban. Might not be the worse thing though, Cowdenbeath improved after he was in the stand.

What the hell happened in the Elizabethan today? Couldn't get a pint. Never seen such a disaster in a pub.

Spoke to one of the bar ladies. One called in sick one just didn't turn up at all so it was 2 instead of 4.

It was her last shift today as well incidentally.

The interviewer gave Nish plenty chances to steer away from his issue withe the ref and he ignored them all. Oops.

He had a point though.

I thought it was Donaldson that headed against the bar.

At least the ref was consistent with petty booking players on both sides for reactions to tame free kick incidents.

Colin Nish's interview truly is a belter :lol:

Hopefully the SFA see to this as he's clearly bringing the game into disrepute by questioning the integrity of the referee which is just not acceptable.

You have to wonder what Nish is thinking, very unwise comments from him considering his misconduct resulted in him being sent to the stand. A deserved ban may be forthcoming IMO

Nish isn't the first, nor will he be the last to criticise a ref. Managers have to speak and defend their team/game to the fans. Refs never have to defend themselves. The ref having a shocker today has no impact on him but it does have an impact on Nish so i get why he was raging.

The replays will show whether it was justified or not.

It's always hard to recognise when a ref is giving your own side a lot of decisions and very easy to see when he is getting them 'wrong', but there were about 3 occasions when I was genuinely baffled why Cowden didn't get a decision their way, so understand some of Nish's frustration.

Don't agree with the thought process which concludes that Cowdenbeath should have won the game though. Pars had a whole host of chances to score more than just the two goals.

Likewise, there were quite a few times I couldn't understand decisions given in Cowden's favour. There was one in the first half, for example, where Rooney was running down the wing, the number 5 was shielding him off, Rooney's arms in the air, number 5 threw himself to the ground and got a free kick for a push. Bizarre. There were several other decisions like this BOTH WAYS. The referee was shocking, but to claim he was cheating is embarrassing.

You lost 2-1 to the league leaders, at a ground you lost 5-1 and 7-1 at earlier in the season. You put in a good performance, and a draw wouldn't have flattered you. But please don't keep whinging like this. It's pathetic and is really putting a dampener on your team.

Any honest Pars fan, would have been walking away from that game saying how much Cowden have improved, saying they're genuine play-off contenders now. Giving your team plenty of praise. Just because you played well, doesn't mean you deserve to win. As you say, everyone always sees things from their own team's perspective. I can assure you that dodgy decisions went Cowden's way as well.

Our penalty, two-handed shove as Moffat was going to head the ball. Should have been a red, was a yellow. The 'handball' - ball was hit from about 2-3 yards away with power, would have been very harsh.

Spence incident looked like stupidity from Spence. Threw himself in the air anticipating contact, rather than waiting for the contact.

Just listened to the Nish interview. That's appalling behaviour from a manager. It's amusing to see him have such a meltdown, because he genuinely seems very ignorant.

The referee didn't have the best of games. However, to call him a cheat like that is shocking. Regardless of whether he feels that is the case or not, he should know that you can't make comments about how there's no way he'd give you anything and you might as well not turn up because he's cheating.

Almost as embarrassing as Scullion and Cowden's number 5 complaining about having to give the ball back after we put t out of play for McAusland's injury. That lack of sportsmanship/professionalism is disgusting, and seems to come from the manager. Attitude reflects leadership!

I always enjoy beating Cowdenbeath. The reaction and absolute anger following a Dunfermline win is a joy to behold.

Outplayed, outclassed and beaten. Yes they have made improvements since the 5-1 7-1 (and probably the 0-0 where we just didn't turn up), but let's be honest here... Dunfermline didn't play THAT well today and still won it deservedly.

Beautiful win. Lovely result. 9 points clear. And the extra cash from the 2000 extra punters bringing in enough to buy in some cover for the defence for the next 6 months.

Damn right I'm enjoying this while I can ????????

Just listened to the Nish interview. That's appalling behaviour from a manager. It's amusing to see him have such a meltdown, because he genuinely seems very ignorant.

The referee didn't have the best of games. However, to call him a cheat like that is shocking. Regardless of whether he feels that is the case or not, he should know that you can't make comments about how there's no way he'd give you anything and you might as well not turn up because he's cheating.

Almost as embarrassing as Scullion and Cowden's number 5 complaining about having to give the ball back after we put t out of play for McAusland's injury. That lack of sportsmanship/professionalism is disgusting, and seems to come from the manager. Attitude reflects leadership!

Hmm maybe sportsmanship is giving the ball back and professionalism isn't? They didn't actually have to give the ball back as you suggest but did so anyway - so was hardly disgusting or worthy of any great outrage.

Hmm maybe sportsmanship is giving the ball back and professionalism isn't? They didn't actually have to give the ball back as you suggest but did so anyway - so was hardly disgusting or worthy of any great outrage.

I would argue that sportsmanship and professionalism go hand in hand. A good professional, shows sportsmanship. And I think the fact that they were both shouting at Sandy Clark and arguing with him because he was shouting for them to give the ball back is very poor. I know that I would be critical of any Pars player that wasn't happy to give the ball back in a similar situation.

I know it's not a rule that they have to give the ball back. But at the end of the day, 'diving' is only a bookable offence because it's deemed 'unsporting behaviour'. Cowden fans are certainly critical of other players, like Falkingham, for poor sportsmanship trying to win free kicks. But apparently poor sportsmanship from your own team doesn't bother you?

Spence did this at Central Park also. Considering we put the ball out its common practice to give it back.

Scummy behaviour.

Always a grey area this as it isn't a rule just a courtesy. Really the ref should stop the game with things like this as the boy was obviously hurt.

What the fcuk were the first aiders all about with the stretcher with McAusland eventually deciding to hobble back rather that let them carry him. A sensible choice on his part I may add.

Archived