First Footing in Fife- Dunfermline Athletic vs Cowdenbeath 2nd Jan

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The way the ref had been carrying on he was always going to give it even though the boy was already on his way down before Kenny gave him a shove."

That's the part that comes across, as if to say it shouldn't have been a penalty.

Those levels of abuse though? Nope.

Word on the street is that Nish did call the ref a cheat in the tunnel, silly.

Don't know where you were sitting or how bionic your hearing is but i was sitting maybe 70 yards from Nish and can't possibly know what 'abuse' he was giving out.

Don't know where you were sitting or how bionic your hearing is but i was sitting maybe 70 yards from Nish and can't possibly know what 'abuse' he was giving out.

My hearing is pretty bang average, was a few people who were nearby though. Colin wasn't enamoured with the referee.

Aye when you slow it down you can see him jump over Murdoch without touching him, he even holds his hand up with what looks like an apology.

Some referees would give it, but I can see why the referee hasn't.

Highlights appear to prove that Spence anticipated the contact and leaped in the air, rather than just falling - as you would if you had been tripped.

Spence took his goal well, but should have scored other one-on-ones, if he was as good as he's being made out to be on here. Looked lively, but a striker should be scoring them. The highlights also show that BRE controlled the ball for him at his goal. Nevertheless, a good goal and performance from Spence. League One seems to be his level, unless he improves his all round game. Excellent player at this level, but doesn't seem to do enough for the team (based on the 4 times I've seen him this season, and previous seasons at Raith/Alloa.

Others may disagree, but I'd rather have Faissal, Moff and Wallace than Spence. This is due to their overall work rates and team play. Soence doesn't look interested until his team are attacking or a defender has the ball within 10 yards of him. He's also prone to throwing a tantrum and going in the huff. These are all aspects he can improve on, he's only 23! If he does this, he could be a good championship level striker.

Murdoch has been brilliant for us, and he's the main reason we won yesterday.

How naive can our players be? Spence doesn't jump that and its a penalty and probably a red card as the keeper hasn't touched the ball.

Only realised watching the highlights Kenny got booked at the pars penalty :lol:. Would love to know which law he's booked him under.

Archived