Falkirk vs Hibernian - 17/01/16

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

You know, in my ignorance, I imagined they'd have just ramped-up the under soil heating and had the pitch cleared in a jiffy - didn't realise it had been removed!

There's a bit of a fine line with real turf is there not, where the heating can damage the playing surface if it's used to much, I'd have thought with a plastic pitch you'd have just said f'ck it, fired it up and went and made a cup of tea!?

Was the entire pitch cleared with this 'special' tractor or did we need volunteers to help clear the playing surface as well as the surrounding area?

Well done everybody who helped out anyhoo.

The USH hasn't worked for about 6 years.

Guest Back Post Misses

You know, in my ignorance, I imagined they'd have just ramped-up the under soil heating and had the pitch cleared in a jiffy - didn't realise it had been removed!

There's a bit of a fine line with real turf is there not, where the heating can damage the playing surface if it's used to much, I'd have thought with a plastic pitch you'd have just said f'ck it, fired it up and went and made a cup of tea!?

Was the entire pitch cleared with this 'special' tractor or did we need volunteers to help clear the playing surface as well as the surrounding area?

Well done everybody who helped out anyhoo.

The machinery does the vast majority I believe.

I was down this morning and all car parks and surrounds were as good as clear at 9am

Guest Back Post Misses

Has it not? What was the issue? Was it something that could have been fixed when the pitch was lifted?

I don't believe it ever worked properly since it was installed. It may have been ripped out for all I know when the new surface was laid. Not sure if you can have it under plastic TBH

I'd like to see us unleashing O'Hara for this one but with him starting in the development league through the week I reckon he'll be on the bench. I could see us putting five in the midfield but I'm not sure that'd work with the five essentially all being central midfielders. I trust Houston though.

I don't believe it ever worked properly since it was installed. It may have been ripped out for all I know when the new surface was laid. Not sure if you can have it under plastic TBH

Fair enough, and I stated my ignorance of the subject in the first post.

The original issue was that the sections didn't marry up properly and left a long narrow unheated strip - I guess that could have been rectified during the artificial surface install.

Remember one of the rags doing a story saying that it was a death trap and that someone forking the pitch was in danger of being electrocuted !

Archived