Falkirk vs Hibernian - 17/01/16

Kerrydale Meltdown

@KerryFail

37m

Hibs denied 5 stonewall penalties and Falkirk with 11 men behind the ball to make sure Sevco stay top.

:lol:

What ye like Falkirk!

If anything Falkirk did hibs a favour by beating Rangers and only drawing with hibs.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair result today. Never looked in trouble apart from the last 15. The penalty decision makes up for the game in October. What goes around has indeed came around. Thought we were poor in midfield today and looked a bit lost in possession. Grant and Watson probably stood out as our best performers today. Malonga was Taylor Morgan-esque

Still rightfully occupying 2nd place so all in all I'm happy.

We've been the second best team in the league this year and rightfully are in second place.

The last game at Easter Road probably decides second place now. Both sides have been remarkably consistent against the smaller clubs although I probably give Hibs more of a shot to get something off Sevco

Happy enough with a point given how that second half went. We had a 5-10 minute spell after the goal where Hibs looked a bit rattled and we should have pushed home the advantage. But instead we sat off and allowed them back into the game. The Henderson substitution gave Hibs a lot more purpose and the equaliser was inevitable. Genuinely thought we were going to chuck the game at that point, but we dug in, rode our luck a bit and did enough to see it out.

First half was a bit of a non-event with both teams playing well within themselves. Given the importance of the match, you can understand the caution.

Can't help but laugh at Houston's comments re the penalty. I could see him crumbling the Hibs player and I was at the other end of the ground ????

Player-wise, I thought Kerr was our best first half. A calm head in the middle of the park when others looked nervous. He faded in the second though. Miller was causing problems until he was subbed. Frustrating that we still can't get a full 90 out of him as often as we'd like. I probably would have pulled Alston at HT as I felt the game was bypassing him and he wasn't tracking back enough. Really classy finish for the goal though.

If we have any chance of winning the league a home win against the bigots is a must. Therefore I am looking at us having to overturn an additional 2 points. With their goal difference had we lost today that would have made the difference in effect 4 points (meaning 2 games where they have to fail to win rather than potentially 1).

This league is still there (just) but any more slip ups and it's gone I reckon.

First half atrocious, better in the second half although we gave up way too much possession. Hibs look decent until about midway into our half when they remember who they are and f**k it up.

Sibbald and Kerr plus Muirhead and the two CBs and Rogers played well, and Alston took his goal really well. Baird had a stinker today.

Cummings reminds me of a poor man's Nicklas Bendtner - in his head he's fantastic, but he's really a just above average championship striker.

Absolute stonewaller. Refs given nothing to us all day.

Though why does McGinn refuse to shoot until he's tried to dribble his way through the whole opposition team? :1eye

Just watched the pen incident back, can see why the ref didnt give, tubby McGinn drags foot to make contact with Leahy's incoming challenge, it wasnt fully natural.

For all the play and attacking line up Hibs had, it took them 65 mins to make our goalie make a save.

We sat back after scoring, dunno why we took Miller off, Id have had Ohara on as Hibs were playing a very high line of defence and usually with just two defenders.

A better point for us than Hibs with their ambitions obviously set higher than ours.

Just watched the pen incident back, can see why the ref didnt give, tubby McGinn drags foot to make contact with Leahy's incoming challenge, it wasnt fully natural.

Thought the same, McGinn made no attempt to go with the ball, just stood waiting for the challenge to come in.

Archived