Ayr in freefall

Ayr really need to show some mettle over the next few games or they could well wind up fighting to stay in the playoff spots

Won once in their last 6 in all competitions, that being an unconvincing home win against bottom of the table Brechin.

Next 5 games are:

Cowden at home

Rovers away

Stenny at home

Peterhead at home

Pars away

4 very tricky games, with the only 'easy' one being Stenny, which they could well draw or even lose given their current form.

If they can't string some great results together over the next 5 games then they could well find themselves picking up somewhere around 8 points in 10 games.

That being said, they could well win their next 4, if so, fair fucks to them.

Any Ayr fans concerned?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although Ayr's recent form has been beneficial to ourselves and, at times, hilarious, they have shown that over the first half of the season they're capable side which has told us a lot more than their last 6 games.

Dunfermline have been in more commanding positions than this before, both short term and long, and thrown it all away. We can't ease off at all because Ayr have shown us they can build impressive unbeaten runs in this league.

Although Ayr's recent form has been beneficial to ourselves and, at times, hilarious, they have shown that over the first half of the season they're capable side which has told us a lot more than their last 6 games.

Dunfermline have been in more commanding positions than this before, both short term and long, and thrown it all away. We can't ease off at all because Ayr have shown us they can build impressive unbeaten runs in this league.

I can't remember ever being in this commanding a position before, never mind throwing it all away :huh:

I can't remember ever being in this commanding a position before, never mind throwing it all away :huh:

Survival in the championship was well in our hands in 2013, chucked it away to Partick and then at home to Airdrie.

Survival in the championship was well in our hands in 2013, chucked it away to Partick and then at home to Airdrie.

Not even close to as commanding a position as this one. We weren't in nearly as good form either.

What an obsessed waste of a thread

I am absolutely obsessed with Ayr United and definitely not just starting a discussion on one of the major talking points in the league right now :rolleyes:

How bout you lot just concentrate on yourself ;)

The league is(should be) over.

When the heart gets ripped out a team for a spell through injuries or players being sold it can be hard going as you were. Hopefully that is it over now with 4 expected back for the next game.

post-21687-1451911314113_thumb.jpg

Ayr really need to show some mettle over the next few games or they could well wind up fighting to stay in the playoff spots

Won once in their last 6 in all competitions, that being an unconvincing home win against bottom of the table Brechin.

Next 5 games are:

Cowden at home

Rovers away

Stenny at home

Peterhead at home

Pars away

4 very tricky games, with the only 'easy' one being Stenny, which they could well draw or even lose given their current form.

If they can't string some great results together over the next 5 games then they could well find themselves picking up somewhere around 8 points in 10 games.

That being said, they could well win their next 4, if so, fair fucks to them.

Any Ayr fans concerned?

Would expect them to beat Cowdenbeath and Stenny, meanwhile Rovers have had a wee dip in form so they'll fancy there chances.

Think we'll draw at EEP, providing we don't lose we'll still be in a good position.

I thought we played really well in the Brechin game (especially given the horrendous conditions) and we're lucky not to win by 4 or so goals. It has been the loss of Moore and Gilly since then that has contributed to the Cowden and Stranraer results on top of already missing Boyle, Docherty and Adams. I've every faith in us getting back on track in out next match. It will also be interesting to see who leaves and who replaces them.

So any word on a new striker? Is that Moore gone now? In the few games I've seen (basically all in this shite run) I've not been overly impressed with the other lad Preston. And as far as I can see forrest is almost a waste of a jersey when the going gets tough.

We desperately need our midfielders back but up front seems like a bigger problem.

Archived