Ayr in freefall

Ayr are bitching so much about injuries, why? They lose a couple of first-teamers for a few week and they are crippled.

We have been doing without the best right back and centre back in the league since September and still have the best defensive record in the league.

Which is why I believe Ayr's drop in form should be so concerning for them, given their club's rather casual approach to fitness/treating injuries.

FYI, it's 5 not a couple.

The difference with Dunfernline being, you instantly replaced Fordyce with an arguably better player. Williamson was also replaced, but I'll accept he's a loss still.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr are bitching so much about injuries, why? They lose a couple of first-teamers for a few week and they are crippled.

We have been doing without the best right back and centre back in the league since September and still have the best defensive record in the league.

Which is why I believe Ayr's drop in form should be so concerning for them, given their club's rather casual approach to fitness/treating injuries.

The pars are to league 1 as Celtic are to the premier.

It's not a level playing field, you just sign more players nobody else can afford to cover injuries, nobody likes you, then you celebrate like you have achieved something significant when you beat a load of diddies.

Ayr can't afford a squad like yours, neither can anyone else. You just beat us and we only have 1 keeper who has been injured for a month but still plays. We go every week and had no idea who half the young subs were on the bench.

It's not a level playing field, you just sign more players nobody else can afford to cover injuries, nobody likes you, then you celebrate like you have achieved something significant when you beat a load of diddies.

Ayr can't afford a squad like yours, neither can anyone else. You just beat us and we only have 1 keeper who has been injured for a month but still plays. We go every week and had no idea who half the young subs were on the bench.

Please stop crying.

Pars should win every game but the fans are arrogant because they expect to win every game. Standard shite from you Al.

Take a look at your team on saterday which ones are diddies ?.If so why we're they signed. It sounds pathetic when some of your posters state Stranraer's injury list was not as important as Ayr's, every team just now could complain about their injury list when beat. But Ayr fans (sorry some of them plus manager)

Think theirs is the reason not winning just now. Well how is this for bad luck, well Stranrae had five first team players out ,also Andy Stirling just on the way back

The assistant groundsman dog took sick, the resident rabbit got killed by a cat,and my budgie died, how did we ever manage to win?

Take a look at your team on saterday which ones are diddies ?.If so why we're they signed. It sounds pathetic when some of your posters state Stranraer's injury list was not as important as Ayr's, every team just now could complain about their injury list when beat. But Ayr fans (sorry some of them plus manager)Think theirs is the reason not winning just now. Well how is this for bad luck, well Stranrae had five first team players out ,also Andy Stirling just on the way backThe assistant groundsman dog took sick, the resident rabbit got killed by a cat,and my budgie died, how did we ever manage to win?

Who are you talking to?

If ayr fans picked their 5 most important players at the start of December then that will show you how bad our recent spate of injuries is (pretty much all 5 injured).

Not all team's injury woes are equal.

Our squad is obviously not good enough to cope but it's a bit of a perfect storm.

What exactly is your point? Stranraer are coping better with their injury problems than ayr at the moment.

Take a look at your team on saterday which ones are diddies ?.If so why we're they signed. It sounds pathetic when some of your posters state Stranraer's injury list was not as important as Ayr's, every team just now could complain about their injury list when beat. But Ayr fans (sorry some of them plus manager) Think theirs is the reason not winning just now. Well how is this for bad luck, well Stranrae had five first team players out ,also Andy Stirling just on the way back The assistant groundsman dog took sick, the resident rabbit got killed by a cat,and my budgie died, how did we ever manage to win?

It's easier to blame some external factor than admit your squad is shite.

Good question .

I don't think Cameron would have paid the cash personally for many other players but he does know how much impact Stevo had in his last spell here. If he can recapture that form then he'll be worth the gamble and it doesn't take anything away from the actual playing budget.

However the sensible option would be 3 decent players on £500 a week.

£500 a week for 3 players, we are a part time club, the £500 a week would be the total for 3 players in total, Moffat was the highest paid player we had 2 years ago and he was full time on reportedly £350 a week, signing on fees and travelling expenses will all come out of any transfer pot McCall has. The bonuses wont have put a dent in it this month though.

if there is any player at the club, who trains 4 hours a week and 90 min on a Saturday gets close to £500 a week, cameron should hang up his financial adviser chinos.

I doubt most full time players in the championship will get £500 a week

Take a look at your team on saterday which ones are diddies ?.If so why we're they signed. It sounds pathetic when some of your posters state Stranraer's injury list was not as important as Ayr's, every team just now could complain about their injury list when beat. But Ayr fans (sorry some of them plus manager) Think theirs is the reason not winning just now. Well how is this for bad luck, well Stranrae had five first team players out ,also Andy Stirling just on the way back The assistant groundsman dog took sick, the resident rabbit got killed by a cat,and my budgie died, how did we ever manage to win?

If you look at it this way, the Stranraer players would struggle to kick doors at Halloween this year, you have 5 injuries and you are still 8th, Ayr go 15 games unbeaten, sustain 5 injuries and lose 5 out of 6 games and fall 9 points behind the league leaders

This is how and why Ayrs injury situation has affected Ayr more than Stranraer

With players - 15 games unbeaten

Without players - 5 defeats in 6 games

I am not sure why you can't see the two arent linked

Ayr really need to show some mettle over the next few games or they could well wind up fighting to stay in the playoff spots

Won once in their last 6 in all competitions, that being an unconvincing home win against bottom of the table Brechin.

Next 5 games are:

Cowden at home

Rovers away

Stenny at home

Peterhead at home

Pars away

4 very tricky games, with the only 'easy' one being Stenny, which they could well draw or even lose given their current form.

If they can't string some great results together over the next 5 games then they could well find themselves picking up somewhere around 8 points in 10 games.

That being said, they could well win their next 4, if so, fair fucks to them.

Any Ayr fans concerned?

I'm always concerned,

Cowden at home - win (with a full squad could be 3 or 4)

Rovers away - sneaky win for Ayr if we play our earlier football

Stenny - win

Peterhead at home - another sneaky win

Pars away - at the risk of causing a P&B meltdown amongst Pars fans I'll say an Ayr win

£500 a week for 3 players, we are a part time club, the £500 a week would be the total for 3 players in total, Moffat was the highest paid player we had 2 years ago and he was full time on reportedly £350 a week, signing on fees and travelling expenses will all come out of any transfer pot McCall has. The bonuses wont have put a dent in it this month though.

if there is any player at the club, who trains 4 hours a week and 90 min on a Saturday gets close to £500 a week, cameron should hang up his financial adviser chinos.

I doubt most full time players in the championship will get £500 a week

I was replying directly to a question of whether the rumoured £1500 a week that Stevo is on would be better on one player or 3.

We can't afford it and if you believe the stories Cameron is funding it himself for the 28 day loan.

Been on the meths bro?

I was replying directly to a question of whether the rumoured £1500 a week that Stevo is on would be better on one player or 3.

We can't afford it and if you believe the stories Cameron is funding it himself for the 28 day loan.

I know, I was just highlighting to Dunfermline fans that we are not likely to be spunking £500 a week on players to chase them

I'm always concerned,

Cowden at home - win (with a full squad could be 3 or 4)

Rovers away - sneaky win for Ayr if we play our earlier football

Stenny - win

Peterhead at home - another sneaky win

Pars away - at the risk of causing a P&B meltdown amongst Pars fans I'll say an Ayr win

You really think you'll beat us by 3 or 4. The pars struggled to beat us by 1. They were worth the win but just. They got a draw at our place, we humped your mob.

Looking forward to your reasoning.

Archived