Stenny vs Brechin

whilst "Farfar" were away to Airdrie, game off due to heavy snow, Farfar made money as my team trained, followed by two, yes 2 games. Plastic perfection. Bring on the winter.

If Stenny had a grass pitch , that would have saved us making the journey as it would have been postponed early due to it being frozen.

Plastic has it's drawbacks as well !

Also I thought a lot of the players were visibly struggling to keep their feet as the snow got a bit heavier. This didn't help the cause for any decent football to be played.

All said and done though, we had a pleasant lunch in the Plough in Stenny accompanied by a few beverages so not all was doom and gloom.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There wasn't any issues with the players slipping really and in general we knocked the ball about better than we have for a long time.

Obviously the game had to be called off at the time but the Wa Waz Way dictates we will lose the rearranged game obviously. We would have won that yesterday by a good few goals Brechin are dung surprised how badly Dods has done in all honesty.

If Stenny had a grass pitch , that would have saved us making the journey as it would have been postponed early due to it being frozen.

Plastic has it's drawbacks as well !

Also I thought a lot of the players were visibly struggling to keep their feet as the snow got a bit heavier. This didn't help the cause for any decent football to be played.

All said and done though, we had a pleasant lunch in the Plough in Stenny accompanied by a few beverages so not all was doom and gloom.

Stenhousemuir players managed to keep their feet and play decent football.

Stenhousemuir players managed to keep their feet and play decent football.

Maybe at times. ( probably a lot more than the Brechin players tbh)

I said as the snow got heavier. This was probably the last quarter of the half. I could see when players had to change direction and try to control the ball at the same time, they were visibly struggling.

Annoying or otherwise, without these kids our wee clubs have no future. They should be encouraged, not chased away.

I totally agree , my point is that the away fans should have the choice of whether they are sat next to them or not. We used to be housed in the terrace behind the goal but for some strange reason they say it costs more to steward this area. .......2 stewards moved from the main stand , the 2 gate checkers moved from the top gate down to the terrace gates and the opposite side of the tea hut opened.

Sorted without any extra expense ? I would think so !

Saying that , the youngsters at the game yesterday were unusually quiet. Probably saving their energy for playing in the snow later . 8)

• 2 weeks later...

We will be going down . Is the Warriors social club open midweek ?

Hopeful of sneaking a win . Stenny looked pretty sharp the last time but I feel , on our day we can be good going forward. If we concentrate on attacking , the less chance our defence will have of making an arse of things. Well that's my glass half full kind of theory anyway !!! 8)

Hopeful of sneaking a win . Stenny looked pretty sharp the last time but I feel , on our day we can be good going forward. If we concentrate on attacking , the less chance our defence will have of making an arse of things. Well that's my glass half full kind of theory anyway !!! 8)

Try the Wee Bar underneath the stand. It will be open.

Pumped for tomorrow night. I'm cautiously predicting a 2-1 win for the Warriors - goals in either half from Stephen Stirling and Colin McMenamin but a late defensive blunder will allow Darren Dods to score a consolation and set up a nervy finish.

Unless our new international centre half gets injured , I think your prediction might be a little bit off the mark . ;)

It's a pub not a social club anymore brer.

Open from noon.

Archived